• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Rapid Air Weapons HM1000x

Hey guys, I hope you’re all doing well in these crazy times. 

So, yesterday after exhausting my options for replacing my broken RAW HM1000x stock, I made a post here detailing the story, showing pictures of the broken stock and asking that RAW work with me to get this stock replaced. 

This morning I got a call from Cameron Brinkerhoff, head of marketing at RAW. He said they would replace my broken stock with a chassis. Although we didn’t see eye to eye on every aspect of this whole ordeal, we had a very nice conversation and got it all worked out. I am sorry that I had to share this problem but at the time felt like I had no choice. We both agreed that things happen and some of this was handled incorrectly by both sides. 

The bottom line is that Cameron made it right and I am super happy to be able to report that here to all of you on AGN. My son and I were both very bummed about this whole situation because we absolutely love this gun and want to love the company too. My faith in RAW has totally been restored and I am thrilled to report that the customer service at RAW is as good as ever. Most of this dilemma was caused because of miscommunication, assumptions and some bad info.

Cameron and I talked for quite a while, had a great conversation and came to the realization that we’re both good guys, enjoy shooting, have a lot in common so we both tried to look at this situation from the other’s perspective. In the end, it all worked out great. RAW did the right thing and I couldn’t be more happy with them, the customer service is still top notch and we got it worked out! I was also informed that the stocks are covered under their warranty and any problems or concerns about the design or wood used in the LRT have been addressed, it should now be considered a non issue!

If you read this Cameron, I really do appreciate that you reached out, replaced the stock and I enjoyed our conversation. I think we’re just two similar guys that weren’t looking at this from the other’s perspective. After talking it out, I think we both get it. I wish we would have talked sooner! Thank you very much, I really do appreciate your help.

Sincerely, Stoti

Hi Kevin, I'm glad to see you followed up, and post this thread for the rest of the airgun community to see, and read.

I am one of the members that encouraged Kevin to come forward. As timing goes it just so happens I was about to pick up the phone, and order a Raw for myself. For my first PCP I looked hard at the Crown, Redwolf, and the Raw. I went with the Crown based on it could change calibers so easy.

Latter on I could just not get the Redwolf off my mind. Then the Safari was introduced, and I called Mike at UA wanting the first one they could get. Just about that time threads started showing up with breaks in their stocks in the grip area all in the same place. In the end Daystate would not help any of the owners. So I canceled my order. 

It sure seems to me that Raw does not back their products either. There is to me a manufacturing flaw in both stocks, with a reluctance of both companies to resolve the problem. I refuse to spend my money with any company that there is no service after the sale!

I meet Fredrik Axelsson at RMAC 2019 we chatted about this, and that for at least a half hour. He treated me like I was an old friend. I have called FX USA several times, and have been given all the time I needed to answer all my questions some I did not I even had. Also on AGN I've seen many times questions or problems come up on threads with FX USA chiming in to help. As a result of this type of service I now own a Impact, Crown, Wildcat and a Dreamline classic.

I hope to buy something soon, I would buy a EDgun, but I don't know how to cock a gun.

I for one am very grateful for this forum, and its members! This is about the only way the little guy has a chance!

I am also grateful for UA every time I call there I get treated like an old friend. We have had a couple hick ups and I can say that they have bent over backwards to make it right! I learned early in my sales career that it is not that you drop the ball. It is how you pick it u, and run it in.

I think I will call UA and see what Mike sells me?

Eamon

Thanks for sharing. 
And now RAW has made poor business decisions... in a world of instant information 1 bad experience is more damaging than 1000 good experiences. On a 2k gun and 1/3 of it not covered by warranty is a joke.. my money is going a Different rout.

Hey @Bander124, 

I talked with Stoti today on the phone and we got him taken care of.

To be clear the stock is covered under the warranty for defects in materials and manufacturing. 

Hi Kevin, I'm glad to see you followed up, and post this thread for the rest of the airgun community to see, and read.

I am one of the members that encouraged Kevin to come forward. As timing goes it just so happens I was about to pick up the phone, and order a Raw for myself. For my first PCP I looked hard at the Crown, Redwolf, and the Raw. I went with the Crown based on it could change calibers so easy.

Latter on I could just not get the Redwolf off my mind. Then the Safari was introduced, and I called Mike at UA wanting the first one they could get. Just about that time threads started showing up with breaks in their stocks in the grip area all in the same place. In the end Daystate would not help any of the owners. So I canceled my order. 

It sure seems to me that Raw does not back their products either. There is to me a manufacturing flaw in both stocks, with a reluctance of both companies to resolve the problem. I refuse to spend my money with any company that there is no service after the sale!

I meet Fredrik Axelsson at RMAC 2019 we chatted about this, and that for at least a half hour. He treated me like I was an old friend. I have called FX USA several times, and have been given all the time I needed to answer all my questions some I did not I even had. Also on AGN I've seen many times questions or problems come up on threads with FX USA chiming in to help. As a result of this type of service I now own a Impact, Crown, Wildcat and a Dreamline classic.

I hope to buy something soon, I would buy a EDgun, but I don't know how to cock a gun.

I for one am very grateful for this forum, and its members! This is about the only way the little guy has a chance!

I am also grateful for UA every time I call there I get treated like an old friend. We have had a couple hick ups and I can say that they have bent over backwards to make it right! I learned early in my sales career that it is not that you drop the ball. It is how you pick it u, and run it in.

I think I will call UA and see what Mike sells me?

Eamon

@Eamon I got the chance to talk with Stoti today and we got him taken care of. To be 100% clear stocks are covered under the 12 month warranty period against defects in materials and manufacture. 

Hey guys, please give RAW the benefit of the doubt. Once Cameron found out what was going on, he called me, we talked and got it worked out. There was some miscommunication, some misinformation and we both agreed that sometimes things just happen. Cameron saw that I was upset and frustrated, he contacted me and made it right. As far as I’m concerned, that’s how customer service is supposed to work...They took care of it and I couldn’t be happier. RAW stocks are covered under their warranty and my son absolutely loves his HM 1000x.

Stoti