Rank your favorite scope Brands

JoeWayneRhea

Apr 5, 2015
From best to worst here are the brands I’ve personally owned AND would recommend. And how I would rank them
Swarovski
Zeiss
Kahles
Leupold
SWFA
Nikon
Weaver
Burris
Bushnell
I realize that many brands have cheap an top quality stuff . But these are the ones I personally would spend my own money on again. It's just opinion , I'm no expert by any means . But kinda cool when I actually ranked them to see how I felt they stacked up ....LETS SEE YOUR LIST !!!!!

Way too complex (if we're being serious here). Just about every member of your own shortlist has had GOOD and BAD times / years.
Or they just disappeared for ages like Kahles.

I would say at least four (maybe 5) of your list are not optimized for airgun use (as companies they dont recognize less than 100 yards as a shooting concept or have only done so with a couple of scopes from their range).

If that is OK then I could raise the game by a vast margin :-(

S & B
IoR/ Valdata

(Oh! you'll need some mounts for your new scope sir, may I suggest you contact Messrs Spuhr at ISMS™ – IDEAL SCOPE MOUNT SYSTEM™[/QUOTE]http://www.spuhr.biz/ideal-scope-mount-system/embed )

:)

Lol well I've never owned a SB, Nightforce, or IOR or a March so any input I would have would just be what I've heard and I HATE those kind of reviews and such .
These are the ones I've personally owned and used . Ive owned most of the other brands that are considered AirGun scopes and they aren't on my buy again list . I know there are guy who Love their Fill-tha-blank brand scopes . But I am just going by my own experiences.
BRS let hear yours just off the top of your head

I will only speak for the scopes I have used or owned. 

For powder burners 

Night force - military sold me on these. 
us optics - some of the best turrets to me. 
leupold 
s&b 
SWFA - best bang for the buck. 

For air rifles -pcp-
leupold 
vortex
Hawke 
Nikon

Of any one of the brands above, there are so many different variations that range in price like stated above. Obviously the rule that the scope should double the price of your rifle/gun can easily be achieved. I have to say I would argue that point with many scopes. 

Zeiss
Athlon (with the Midas as my first choice)
And the rest... is just the rest.
But YES. 100% agree with BRS. You need good mounts, and he did point them out, so I just order these one http://spuhrwebshop.com/en/separate-rings/sr-3000.html
13201001-origpic-48d5dd.png_0_0_100_100_300_228_85.png

I think that most air-gunners could use a hawke scope for what they are doing. Its good enough for what you can do with airguns. You dont need a Zeiss Ior S&B to shot at targets sub 100 meter.

That said, gear is half the pleasure with most sports and hobbies soo wtf why not?

Theres a reason that most sites recommend hawke scopes, its safe bet that will work well.