• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK Ranger leak and fix

Hey all,

I've had a couple of minor issues with the Ranger and thought I would share with the group in hopes it may help another air gunner down the road.

First issue- The inlet check valve began to stick open and dump all air when attempting to bleed the HPA source line after filling. I was using an Omega tank to fill the gun. AoA suggested removing the restrictor from the female Foster fitting on the fill hose. It allows the hose pressure to bleed off quicker after filling and.....it worked for me. No more issues with bleeding air.

Second issue - After fixing the above problem the rifle developed a leak from somewhere under the scope rail area. AoA's tech, Shane, felt pretty confident it was going to be the o-ring on the face of the regulator causing the leak and gave me some pointers on how to do the work myself. Got a kit from them in which Shane had separately packaged the suspected o-ring for simplicity and started digging in. Yep! He was exactly right. Easy peazy to see and replace, thankfully. I know my rifle's inner workings better now through this experience as well. Also, I really like dealing with AoA, in both sales and service. They've been quick to respond to messages and spot-on with diagnosing what's wrong.

Pics of the offending o-ring:

PXL_20240104_234134761.jpg

PXL_20240104_234246138.jpg

I had a similar problem with the reg on my bolt action Brocock Bantam. Had a slow leak and drove me crazy. Thought it was the fill valve at first. When I checked it with over 100 bar and soapy water no leak but replaced the fill valve that AoA said was a recall item. Still leaked. Finally I happened to check it again with less than 50bar it showed a leak in the regulator. Replaced 2 o-rings in the regulator and never leaked again. Sounds like a similar issue.

Reactions: L.Leon and SHOMER