• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Range games?

At the ranch the distances available to shoot at are limitless.
My son in law and I like to start at 100 yards with beer or pop cans. Then we move them out 25 yards or so at a time. First one to miss 5 times total loses.
We have also used dollar store mint candies. they are about the size of a quarter. Start at 35 yards and move them back 5 yards at a time.
I have never seen a day there that we did not have some form of wind. Then it seems to shift a lot. Makes for a good time and learning hold offs.

Consider the "know your limit" spinner target. Move to your desired distance and have at it. You and your friends will discover your limits. Works for me.

View attachment 346567
this is my favorite and you can DYI build
IMG_1640.jpg
IMG_1639.jpg

Reactions: shambozzie
Toy soldiers! We used them as kids. We had a couple of the type with the parachute too, but never managed to hit them while aireborne. Nowadays I put a piece of day-glo tape on the bottom of the base to make them easier to find once hit.

View attachment 326187

Dinosaurs and other small plastic animals serve well, too.

J~
Brings back memories. We did that when I was a kid with BB guns in a friends basement.

Reactions: Treefrog
Check this out from Shooting Targets 7. I bought one but haven’t used it yet. Looks like a lot of fun and not too expensive. Also has free shipping special going on right now.

Reactions: whyzee
Check this out from Shooting Targets 7. I bought one but haven’t used it yet. Looks like a lot of fun and not too expensive. Also has free shipping special going on right now.
That's funny. I just ordered one of these a couple days ago. Looks fun.

golf balls. I drill them and insert an eye bolt, the kind that holds a screen door shut. Hang them from tree limbs at different heights and ranges using 550 cord. Wind makes them fun to try and time the swing of them. We start at about 20 yards and go out to maybe 65 or so.
A golf ball can and will send that pellet right back at you. Ask me how I know.:oops:

I haven't done this but I saw a video by "Mark and Sam after work" where they were playing tick tack toe at 100 yards with sodas and 22lrs. Sam (the wife) beat Mark at least once which was nice, normally she is the spotter and he is the shooter. They had welded up a little rack to support the soda cans and were then shooting from some fence posts. Obviously could be done multiple ways and multiple distances. Even one miss could result in a loss.