Range finders

If you're looking at range finders at the high of a price point I would look into giving tidewe hd-700E a chance. They have their own site and are also sold on amazon. This model is the oled version and costs $88. You can range all the way to 800yds, and it give you very quick readings, it can do continuous readings as you move, and can give you angles, as well as reading speeds of which your target is moving. The IR is a bit cluttery but I don't find it annoying or too much.
How well does the Tidewe HD700E do on small targets like a squirrel?

It's pretty good bang for buck. It will also read speed of moving object, you can track the distance by holding down the button, it will give you angles as well.
Yeah, my Tidewe HD-700E arrived Saturday and I played with it a few minutes. I like what I see from it so far. It read indoors in near darkness and seemed to be pretty accurate. Looking straight down off my back deck it read 0 yards despite it being at least 3 yards down to the ground. Now, learning how to use it for targets, whether they be paper, feathery or furry will be my next goal.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Yeah, my Tidewe HD-700E arrived Saturday and I played with it a few minutes. I like what I see from it so far. It read indoors in near darkness and seemed to be pretty accurate. Looking straight down off my back deck it read 0 yards despite it being at least 3 yards down to the ground. Now, learning how to use it for targets, whether they be paper, feathery or furry will be my next goal.
Gotcha, good to read. The closest I've gotten it to read was about 2.5-3yds. And when I pair the distance and dial for it on strelok I'm either on the money or close enough to do a quick adjustement in my second shot.

Way back when in this thread, I stated this....
"I too have a Leica and use it a lot. The glass is superb as you stated. Mine gives almost instantaneous readouts however. It's not the fanciest one, it's the 1600, which gives yardage and slope only. All that I need anyway."
Subsequent to the above, my front plastic bezel cracked, so I called Leica USA and asked to get another one. The reception was pretty icy and I was told to send it in, and even at that, I would likely be charged for the part due to there not being ANY WARRANTY. This because it is an older model. I stated that I would pay for the bezel, they still wanted my to send it in so that they could "install it properly."
The bezel snaps on, no screws or glue needed. Not sure that couldn't be handled by anyone....
I didn't send it in.
While searching for a new scope, I passed over Leica due to the above, no, or limited, warranty bothers me.

I have a Vortex Impact 1000 that I bought due to good reviews from the locals here and the Vortex warranty which those guys said they honor easily. I have one of their scopes with no problems. I liked the angle compensation feature since I will be using it in the mountains for elk, the scanning and tracking features for game and the 5-1000 yards range Works on level ground on fixed target, but not tried steep slopes or moving targets yet. I have nothing to compare it to as far as optics but looks clear to me. Vortex does have a good name but so does Leuopold, Leica and others. My brother has a dirt cheap one that serves him fine. I wanted a solid one with good features cause it is a very cheap purchase for a major hunt and I do not need it to break.