Range finder?

What would cause a device to stop working when no damage has happened. My Nilon range finder was not used for a while and rhe batteries went dead..
I repace the batteris and it will not come back on. I test the batteris then go buy new ones and still no luck. There is no corrision on the contach points.
This is not the only time this has happened but I really used the range finder.
Anyone have advice
thanks

What would cause a device to stop working when no damage has happened. My Nilon range finder was not used for a while and rhe batteries went dead..
I repace the batteris and it will not come back on. I test the batteris then go buy new ones and still no luck. There is no corrision on the contach points.
This is not the only time this has happened but I really used the range finder.
Anyone have advice
thanks
Were the batteries you previously used alkaline? If so, you may want to check for the dreaded corroded terminals. If you find corrosion on the terminals, it’ll prevent appropriate connection with the new batteries. You can remove the corrosion with a q-tip and vinegar. I hope that helps!

BTW, just a moment spent on a gripe, does anyone else feel that alkaline batteries leak way, way more than they used to. Old school Duracells were rock solid in your favorite 4 d-cell maglite back in the day. Not any more!