• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Range finder binoculars

The rangefinder I use is a Leica 1600 b. I think I’d like to try a pair of rangefinding in binoculars. Has anybody dabbled in this area with any success. I know there are some good expensive ones out there but I don’t really wanna break the bank as I already have a high-end pair of binoculars. These will just be used for pesting mostly. I just like the idea of glassing and ranging at the same time versus picking one up and setting it down. Glass doesn’t have to be super good as ranges will be fairly close comparatively. Would need the ability to range small objects obviously.

I found these at B&H Photo: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1314383-REG/nikon_16212_10x42_laserforce_binocular.html
I was lucky, they had refurbished ones on sale at the time for $895. I had waffled on buying a set for about 1 year but I pulled the trigger about 4 years ago. More expensive than any scope I've bought but they were worth every penny. I have 4 places I go to shoot ground squirrels from 30 to 100+ yards and these are very accurate and excellent glass. I use hold overs and FFP scopes so I can make quick adjusments. I previously had a Weaver range finder but it was very hard to get a good reading as every time I pushed the ranging button the scope would dip offline no matter what I did. Drove me nuts.
I had tried a less expensive set from bushnell or some other manufacturer but I had sent them back. THESE ARE GREAT!

I am very happy with the Gen 1 Bushnell 12x50 Fusion 1 Mile binos. I can range from 8 yards to almost 1900 yards off of tree foliage, dirt, rocks and grass, with no tripod support. I don't feel the need for any higher optical quality and the $480 closeout price was hard to beat. You might still be able to find the older model.

The Fusion X (gen2) 10x42 is the replacement model and they run about $500 for factory refurbs to $700 for new.

Reactions: skohl