Range Carts

3-gun carts, or you can look at a bunch and decide if you want to mcgiver it yourself.

3%20Gun%20Competition%20Shooting%20Cart%20Standard-100-600x600.jpg

aee58f32b64c06a7af8289a3ec441301.jpg

Back in my Camp Perry days shooting M1A’s, about no one had anything for carrying rifles. Everyone just used the rifle sling for the rifle and then our scope stands which were 5’ tall had the shooting mat rolled up and slipped on the pole were carried Tom Sawyer style over the shoulder. And maybe a daypack for the other odds and ends.
Walking a thousand yards to the pits and then back and forth to the different firing lines was a bit of work.
So before my third match out there I bought the cheapest golf bag cart Dick’s sold and scavenged the wheels and folding handle assembly and then fabricated an aluminum box about 12” x 18” x 24” tall. The scope stand fit on the back in a holding bracket, shooting mat laid on top of lid with a bungee and all supplies, snacks, water, ammo etc. was in the box that had a lid that was like on your typical shoe box to keep out rain.
Rain was the biggest thing that made the day miserable. The more you can keep itdry, the less miserable the day was.
I always preferred carrying my rifle on my shoulder rather than bouncing it around on a cart. I plan to try some FT this coming season and fully intend to shoulder my rifle and daypack the rest of my gear. The FT guys have some neat rigs for carrying/holding rifle and some supplies but they look heavy if having to lug it all on one side of the body. We’ll see how far I get down that rabbit hole.

I’m kinda of embarrassed here. I guess I need to jazz my image up a little.
I only take the gun, shooting sticks, pellets carried on a MTM gun stand in one hand and my stool in the other hand.
View attachment 340649
In a lot of FT pictures I’ve seen, you’re the norm with that set up.

Reactions: Motorhead