• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

Feedback RaneDouglas - Beware

....i forgive....i was not born that way.... maybe someday ....ah , nevermind...... .....did i wrong you personally in anyway - i mean in an actual transaction ?

You just don't get it. If you did it to my friend, you did it to me. If you did it to my neighbor you did it to me. You should be in prison where you would actually pay for your crimes.

I met Paul Self in person at an airgun event WAY back when; I believe shortly after he started posting on airgun forums. When we met, I recognized his name as a relative newbie on the forum. Seemed like a friendly and gregarious enough guy, but something about him put me on alert. That was SO long ago, I don't recall if my uneasy feeling was because of weird stories on the forum about him (already), something about his presence, or (I think) a combination of both.

Regardless, I was interested in an air rifle he was selling (several of brand-new); but passed on the offer to stop by his home and pick it up. I did buy one from him, but had him ship it to me. Though the airgun was a disappointment, that's because the manufacturing of that well-known brand had just been moved to Turkey and the quality was almost laughable; NOT anything I held against Paul Self (the gun was extremely cheap not only in quality, but his selling price).

Having met him in person but had only the aforementioned dealing with him, thought my experience was worth sharing in this thread. I'm neither condemning or defending the man. But that said, I do believe it more than coincidence that dealing with someone whose written communications fall somewhere between difficult to decipher and nonsensical is a recipe for disaster. 

The man seems to be genuinely remorseful and trying to make amends here and now. I hope that happens. That said, one of the more devious identifying pathologies of sociopaths is habitual lying; sometimes to stratospheric levels. I'll not speculate about what we have here.

Reactions: Gunner1985
Why is He still aloud to be a member here?

I had to email Paul and laid into him when a friend of mine complained he never shipped his rifle & received no emails back from him, 

I also contacted the AGN about it

And Paul emailed me back with the same OLD B.S. and INCOHERENT Rant

My friend finally received the rifle but not with out all the trouble he put him thru & with same excuses no box etc etc etc...internet down you name it.

NOT worth the digital Ink DONT DEAL WITH HIM !