• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

Feedback RaneDouglas - Beware

Yes, beware. This link on GTA has multiple people who have chimed in regarding not receiving guns or other products from him. He has been banned there for sometime. The posts where it says "this post deleted" was because it was another guy who paid for gun and never got it and he got a little too passionate about his responses.

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=107055.msg1418106#msg1418106

He posts ads on American Airgun Classifieds under multiple names such as Rane Douglas, Paul Rane, Paul Douglas, Paul Self, P.Douglas, RaneMan, or any combo of these names.

Also, beware any phone number he gives you, as it is most likely a VOIP (internet generated) phone number. Be sure to actually search it on whitepages.com. He has contacted me before from at least 3 different numbers, all of them were just temporary VOIP numbers.

His email is [email protected]

If you choose to business with him, don't say you haven't been warned.

Paul Douglas, Paul Self and all his other aliases still owe me for 5 tins of pellets, no biggie It was years ago & written off easily but then he became associated with selling airguns with ground off serial numbers , failing to deliver airguns he sold .... . 

This person is well know in the airgun world ( some how been around for year ) but not in a good way, has a web site ( YIKES) and if fast to say something like "I messed up but I will..." again and again and again. And he has a poor memory ( or ? ) as even tho he flaked on a deal he has since tried to buy from me again. He actually got mad that I would no9t sell to him and said " long time ago...... I may have messed up.......good trade... ugh.

Airguns are fun so,

Do do your do diligence if he has something you think you want. 

John Blount

..... look , yall ... "" if any has not been handled properly by paul douglas (self) , or rane air , during my past medical struggles – please contact me that we may address and work toward righting any wrongs done. my emails and phone numbers continue to be the same since i have began online airgunning . – sincerely , paul "" ......this is gonna cause a bunch of negativity for other airgunners to be polluted with , but so be it..... james blount , i replied to your message to me.... perhaps you began this prior .... paul (n.richland hills) , tx aggie .... i have sent you SEVeral emails in some attempt to help your mission - no answer. when steve in ct saw that you posted all of this about coming over to my house while you were at work , and that no transaction was actually made - he deleted it....seems like that was 2 years ago , aggie paul. you called when i was asleep. i thought you were someone else coming to get fixed benji..... you were really cool about the misunderstanding - i tried to pull something together , but had no cash on hand....paul, you NEVER expressed any dismay right there at my home - nothing to this extent...i dont remember the sales and trades and repairs that have fallen thru for me - and airgunners change their minds - a lot.... (that truly puzzles me - we know where we each lived then - i sent emails to you - you were right here in my face man.....dude....you're a young good looking guy - not a southpark internet troll....idk...) ............but fellas , this is crazy.... i have no criminal cyber-plan to hide the fact that i had a decent airgun operation which collapsed in on me like a nuetron star and affected many.... ....time has went by ...i still deal with health issues since then... i cant remember everything ---- but i have posted the above outreach effort other places as best as i can ..... i yearn to ammend those i have wronged..... i'm not here to get all " he said / she said " ......like i got sucked in above just ranting about aggie paul..... this is not airgunning - and paul (tx aggie) i'm sorry i let you have it both barrels up there..... i hope that this effort can remove some negativity from airgunning.... - paul douglas (self) .... rain is a knickname i recieved while working and living at carlsbad caverns for the us dept of the int........my first email address was in 2004 or 5...... all 'rains' were taken , so the knickname 'rane' stuck and has been the digital footprint..... 5mm and 6mm are by far the best conservative airgun calibers...........(dangitt - " he said , she said") ..... it's me , yall ...... please come talk to ME about me - hopefully with intentions to have solutions that help us to feel better..... thanx. 

Well I have my own 2c to add here about Rane Douglas. ( Damn shame when I wrote the word Rane my phone assumed Douglas ) So yeah I have a story also .

Maybe year or two back a young man who visited the forums and had seen my lil youtube channel reached out to me about advice on a airgun Paul had for sale . The name seemed familiar but couldn't remember why at the time . ..Well long story short this kid sent money order to Paul and low and behold he never saw the gun !!!!!??? So he trys to email ., Paul's email is not working right .

Trys to call and his phone not working right .

Paul has health issues .

He has forgetful spells

His car won't start

He can't get to the post office .

More health issues

Again with email and phone .....

Car has a flat .

Another spell .

Can't locate a shipping box .

On and on and on with this kinda poop 

Anyway this goes on for over a month and the kid finally gets him on the phone and he either has already sold the gun to someone else also , or forgot to ship it , or he can't find the gun , or he never had the gun to start with......But ALL this time he seems to be able to keep putting items up for sale .And the kid can't get anything resemblance of a straight answer.

Kid never saw a refund , and finally just gave up . He called me up and was literally almost crying because it was obvious the sale price was a LARGE amount of money to him and now he couldn't even afford a Walmart rifle . 

I gave the kid my Benjamin Nitro Piston rifle and shipped it to him . Last I heard was when he reached out and called to thank me .....But added the whole thing had soured him on the forums and most anything else Airgun related . Never heard a word from him again and can't blame him 

You guys do what ya want . If Paul had a business collapse I sympathize...If he had health issues I can MORE than sympathize.... But excuse , after excuse , after excuse ..... Sometimes ya just gotta say the guy is full of crap and pops up every so often with the exact same stories .

Never intended to post anything about him as I've never met him in person best of my knowledge. But he FOR SURE turned at least one good kid that was excited as only a kid can be about the sport and screwed him over . Simple as that . 

PS just so ya know I sign ALL my stuff with my one and only name . Paul if you see this no need to comment , no need to personal message me . Me and you have nothing to talk about . Sincerely Joe Wayne Rhea 

Reactions: Ziabeam
Rane Douglas, you are missing the point here. I don't give 2 craps about what happened 2 years ago during our meeting. What I do care about is the snowball of comments that came in after that about all the people you had scammed. All of which I had no idea about until my initial post set off a lot of other people. 

My job as a decent and honest human being is to warn others that they may indeed lose their hard earned money in a purchase with you, based on all the people who have experienced that. I didn't make this crap up. And the fact that the mods on this forum have had NUMEROUS people report you to them tells you that I'm not some guy with a vendetta.

I'm sorry, but multiple aliases on the AA Classifieds and calling from random VOIP phone numbers, does not exactly invoke any trust.

And yes, I got your emails. It's amazing how you tell myself and others that you have a bad memory, but the last email you sent me several months ago recalls in vivid detail of what occured almost 2 years ago.

I think the only way you will ever overcome the reputation you have earned is to a) publicly reimburse all the people who paid for items they never received and b) for you to ship out the items you have for sale and they buyer to inspect BEFORE you receive any type of payment. 

I'd love to give you benefit of the doubt, but I don't see anyone chiming in with any positive reviews.

Lastly,I will state this on a public forum, I am requesting that you stop emailing me or attempting to contact me. In the words of Joe Rhea, leave me be.

---- please read , everyone ----- .... i do understand .... this reply is not for debating back and forth ... ..... .....this effort is to aide in the purpose of me to have opportunities to clean up my past..... as aggie paul (tx aggie) mentioned above , when he complained of me , it stuck a bad nerve. ......and i have neglected to deal with this for far too long.... this is an effort to amend harms done . i regret that i havent done this sooner . please just help me to address the Specific Events , and Persons harmed within direct dealings with ME .. if you see others complaining of me , or hear of it - please just ask if there are any specifics (let them be entitled to their opinions) , and please let me know ...... ----- things like this are happening , and it's just not cool with me anymore ( example given from another forum ) : https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=107055.20  ..... this fella was a senior contributor to that forum (silent airman). he told me today that he doesnt go on the forums lately.....while i do understand that expression , i am just not cool with someone having to 'sweat out' something like that ... i am needing to do something more than to just 'not participate' in the forums anymore..... i was once VERY addicted to the airgun forums... the forums catapulted me into a global thing. i snuggled in the absolute and total customer satisfaction.....i derived my well-being from all of that..... i've been banned from light colored one about 7 times because of my mouth - and that was before my fall in 2011 and struggles thereafter. it's been a hard fall , yall.... i apologize that it took me so long to get with this. - rane on.

I rarely post here and other forums anymore. I have been around for many years and I have always shot straight with all. This hobby has been struck too many times on scams. MUCH HARD EARNED MONEY HAS BEEN LOST BY OTHERS!

I will say in the days way back Paul could work a gun and get the most out of it. But I am sorry but many chances have been given to Paul over the years and the chances have proven the same results. Great you have changed again. Glad for YOU! Many new to the hobby know nothing or little about your dealings. But I do! Paul has been banned from many forums for his bad dealing, Not just GTA!

Your overseas scam with your partner on the big gun scam And later the stolen guns sold, I guess you are making that right now? Ray Moody also? There are many others and the list is too long for anyone to make it right. You along with many others have been given more chances and the results are always negative BUT all of you continue.

If anyone deals with Paul even now after his coming out of the closet again, Its on YOU! Stick you hand into an open fire, Money says you will not play with fire again. JMHO💀 NT

....................... hey , white fang , if there's any chance that you could place me in contact with any of those offended in any instances you have mentioned above - that would be awesome.......... if , indeed , you yourself have been in an unfavorable deal with me - please let me know asap... i'm not here to debate anything - i just need some solid leads on those who have been in any unfavorable transaction with me in the past... if you could pm me or perhaps alert me on any of my contacts , via websites - that might be more productive. all of that has remained up on the internet , even tho this is only a hobby nowdays. - take care.

I do not want to mess with your mess or you period. I have wasted my time even posting on this matter.

It's great that you have come out and acknowledged the fact you have wronged others. I wish you the best but TOO LITTLE TOO LATE as far as I am concerned. 

It's you mess and I'm sure those that you have taken by your dealings can find you. I have just stated a fact that is well known. No 2nd or is it 3rd chance as far as I am concerned.

Others can do with you as THEY PLEASE. I am out of your business and have nothing ELSE to tell you or share. [💀] NT

NOW as SMOKIN JOE; LEAVE ME BE [💀]

Reactions: BigTinBoat
... thank you big tin boat ..... i'm on it....

I find it odd that you never said you would give these people their money back.

Just for the record, will you give every person you took money from without giving them what they paid for a 100% refund without delay?

Please answer only yes or no and leave off the vague talk.

--- yes sir ---- i'm doing the best i can . this didnt happen in an overnight instance , and i may never be done with it - but it is the right thing to do. i sent you a pm. . thanx. cheers. - paul.

You sent me some rambling incoherent BS that may seem normal in your mind. Unless you are the liar that so many say you are, post a list of all the money you stole and from whom, what you spent it on and how much you've paid them back so far. Put up or shut up.

Reactions: JoeWayneRhea
...impressive....here's my "incoherent" reply...and here's yours.....

ranedouglas Sent 1 hour, 32 minutes ago

Star

i'm doing the best i can……however , have you , yourself been handled wrongly my any dealings with myself ? ….if you have an email or a way to contact someone that you know of personally – please forward that to me…. this didnt happen over night and will likely take some time to address…..and i may never be done with this process , but it's the right thing to do. thanks. – take care . – paul. 

5b9c63f266318-bpthumb.png
heavy-impact Sent 18 minutes ago

Star

You are a liar and every word that comes out of your mouth is bullpoop. I hope the guys you cheated find you and **** you up for life.

I hope you get ass cancer and suffer long… you deserve it. Rot in the hell you created.