Rainstorm nails a bunny

@Apohlo came by the farm today. We smoked some cigars, smoked from sparrows in the shed, and got the .30 Rainstorm sighted in. Haven’t graphed the power curve yet, but three pellets touching at 60 yrds was quite satisfying. The gun shoots!

I went into the house for a minute and suggested he looks for rabbits around the North side of the house since they had been chowing down on flowers. I came out and he motioned rapidly for me to get the Evanix. He had spotted a young rabbit at the base of a spruce, and wanted to see the Evanix in action. I lined up, took the shot and the rabbit absolutely FLEW into the air repeatedly, jumping and thrashing in the way only a pellet switching off the brain could cause.

90-100 fpe headshot. Massive overkill.

EFD79183-46F5-421E-84C1-35C1E49D7E5A.jpeg

When we were sighting it in, it was just loud enough that I would want to use hearing protection or moderation for future sighting sessions. Not quite loud enough to make my ears ring from one shot. but repeated shots did start to become noticeable. I tried throwing a few HumaMod30 chambers on it this lastweekend, without an endcap, to see how much it helped, and it made it much more tolerable.

It also destroyed the Mod30 chambers. I should have measured the holes in the chambers first. $120 mistake. Derp.

Got a post up in the barrel accessory forum hoping to get some info to make sure my next moderation attempt is more successful.