Racoons v Hades .22

Any body use the .22 Hades for varmint control? racoons and fox have been given the chickens HELL .I know that the JSB'S .25 cal 33.95 gr mk2 pellets work at 815 fps.clean kills .just like to hear from someone who has used the.22 Hades?energy and distance.i am using Hatsan flashpup in .22 & .25 cal. My .25 has been great for medium-sized varmints (coyote,fox,racoons,skunks,)

Echhhh, .22 I would say it's a stretch 

.22 Hades just 15.9 grain, that's definitely enough for squirrel chipmunk or rabbit 

Raccoon is a bit different animal, most of the time you can see them only at night - not that easy to aim and get perfect shot on top of that they are really really tough. 

I'm using .25 33.9 grain and that's not necessary enough, often even after headshot they still try to escape.

I would hesitate to use .22 unless you have a really powerful gun and can use heavy slugs.

Just to be on the safe side, I switched to .30 for coons 

I think the Hades probably not the best pellet for the larger typical airgun critters... racoon, fox, etc. You would probably be taking headshots I would assume and given the expansion of the Hades I doubt they would penetrate as well as your typical dome pellets. That's not to say they wouldn't work under the right conditions, racoon have pretty thick skulls for the size of them. Think the better penetration of the domes would be better in this instance. Have heard very good things about the Hades though, but from my research need significant power to open up properly as well. 

A semi auto in .25 with hades will let you put several pellets into a raccoon for a lung / heart kill. The kits like to play in trees and can be taken with head shots. Mature raccoons don't seem to hold quite so still. I've seen several .25 hades reviews side by side with JSB 33.+ pellets and the .25 expanded and left an energy transfer cavity and didn't pass through. The tester made a statement that the JSB'S 33.+ grs would still be best for head shots on raccoons. But the few reviews of FX .22 hollow point / hollow base hybrid slugs look likes the way to go, better ballistic coefficients too. The review I watched showed them to be accurate, capable of higher fps and deadly on game. I sincerely hope they bring them out in .25 and .30.

Raccoon is a bit different animal, most of the time you can see them only at night - not that easy to aim and get perfect shot on top of that they are really really tough. 

Just to be on the safe side, I switched to .30 for coons

+1. I’ve read some posts here from people who take raccoons with .22 cal airguns and am always a bit mystified- they clearly must be way better shots than I am. I have a huge raccoon problem on my property (killed around 35 in 2019) and therefore quite a bit of experience shooting them; I often need follow-up shots while using a 30 cal. Plenty of times, a headshot is misplaced by much less than an inch and the raccoon basically just walks it off- sometimes hardly even lets out a noise after just taking one in the grill... it’s crazy how tough they can be.

That's what I was wondering.i have been using .25 JSB'S 33.95gr mk2 pellets in the 800 fps range.840fps on the high side of the bell curve.i get body pass through shots at 30yds.waiting on the .25 Hades to hit the market..my? about racoons v .22 Hades was to see what others were useing the.22 Hades on ..myself I think that.22 Hades should be for small game only.i use a .25 cal or larger .35 cal on medium-sized game within a 100 ,100yds max.

I myself use a .25 cal or larger .35 cal on medium-sized game, varmints.have a .25 gauntlet, .25 bullboss,.25 flashpup,.357 bulldog.and all have taken, coyote,fox,racoons ,skunks.all under 100 yds . really like the Hatsan .25 flashpup. light,accurate,power..14 racoons ,2 coyotes,3 fox,all taken while killing chickens,they also killed 3 barn cat's..that little Hatsan flashpup,I call (HAMMER) gets the job done.