Raccoon hunting

Hi guys

I'm going to go raccoon hunting for the first time in a large forest in a subdivision (I shoot safe, don't worry) mostly palmetto flats and swamp. Any tips tricks etc will be highly appreciated, in still a new hunter.
cheesy.gif

Also do you think they are safe to eat? I usually don't see them eat trash, they mostly live deep in the forest.

Thanks for your time 
cheesy.gif

coons cover alot of ground .. its not uncommon for them to be commuting from on food source to another through the bush and they kinda like an open trail .. so if you spot tracks and can figure out the direction theyre likely heading, ie from a dumpster at night to a quieter place like a farm In the day, and parallel their trail, you can increase your odds of running into them ...

In the US, Harbor Freight sells what is called a driveway monitor +/- $15.00. Set the motion sensor next to a trail or food source and you will get a red light & buzzer when something moves in front of it. Sit & wait, when it goes off turn on a green laser or a bright light and take em out. BTW guys this works great for armadillos. When it goes off pause the DVR long enough to go outside and get em. No more hourly perimeter reconnaissance runs (those with armadillos will understand this).