Raccoon down

The Inland Taipan is considered the world’s most venomous snake with one bite containing enough toxin to kill 100 men. This raccoon was the unfortunate recipient of a Taipan bite while destroying my corn. I just happened to witness this and laid my rifle beside it for a quick pick. The Taipan slithered away unharmed and will most likely be around and ready to strike again.
4E0FCF70-56E5-430F-9C46-A1B28B3E9DDC.jpeg

Curious about the scope and lighting setup.

I am considering at Taipan or AirMaks as my first PCP specifically for taking out racoons in my backyard.
That is the ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Day/Night Scope, and that light you see is the included infrared illuminator so it can see in the dark. I shoot all of my videos with one and I love it. I especially love using it with the ATN ABL Laser Rangefinder Add On and I use the Built In Ballistics Calculator. After you set it up, it's just point and shoot.

20220419_205055.jpg

But for nighttime shooting, I use my ATN Thor 4 Thermal Scope.
ATN Scopes.jpg

Screenshot 2022-08-05 134220.jpg

Video made at 03:34 in the dead of night with no illumination. Nothing can hide from thermal!

Reactions: Hal4son
The Inland Taipan is considered the world’s most venomous snake with one bite containing enough toxin to kill 100 men. This raccoon was the unfortunate recipient of a Taipan bite while destroying my corn. I just happened to witness this and laid my rifle beside it for a quick pick. The Taipan slithered away unharmed and will most likely be around and ready to strike again.
View attachment 280823
That's a baby coon