• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Rabbits on my new permission

It is my understanding that permissions are more valuable than gold over in your parts. :). Congrats - both on the bunny and on the new adventure. I Always make certain to have a look at the "european Air Force" guns. They can't sell the super-silenced versions over here in the States due to our laws. I think that version you have is a very bad-@$$ looking rifle. :)

"Jama"Seems that AirForce could sell silenced airguns here in US since they're made here as well.Wouldn't be an import issue, I think. There's no problem with the Huggets and so on. Is it a decibel thing? Huggets are very silent... Where's the rub?

It is an "attachment thing", I believe. By that, I mean the way in which they are fixed to the barrel. They always have the guns on display at the AirForce SHOT show stand. But, of course, they are labeled as the "Gun Power" brand (export to EU).

Sir Ted,

You have no idea how honored I am to have you personally reply to my post. It's now one thing I can tick off my bucket list!

I've now tried both of your ways to prep and cook the rabbit and it's absolutely incredible!

Permissions are like hens teeth over here. Although my area is predominantly countryside the farmers tend to take care of things themselves.

I'd love to try an AirForce rifle as mine is sub 12 ft lbs because I don't have an FAC maybe if I ever head stateside I'll pick one up.

:)

"Ted"It is my understanding that permissions are more valuable than gold over in your parts. :). Congrats - both on the bunny and on the new adventure. I Always make certain to have a look at the "european Air Force" guns. They can't sell the super-silenced versions over here in the States due to our laws. I think that version you have is a very bad-@$$ looking rifle. :)
Ted, they sell the silenced versions over here, talon ss and condor ss(I own a condor ss) and you can also buy the seperate silencer through talon tunes. Also, congrats on the rabbit property, I need to head out this weekend and see if I can't stir some up with the condor! :)

thehunter
"Ted"It is my understanding that permissions are more valuable than gold over in your parts. :). Congrats - both on the bunny and on the new adventure. I Always make certain to have a look at the "european Air Force" guns. They can't sell the super-silenced versions over here in the States due to our laws. I think that version you have is a very bad-@$$ looking rifle. :)
Ted, they sell the silenced versions over here, talon ss and condor ss(I own a condor ss) and you can also buy the seperate silencer through talon tunes. Also, congrats on the rabbit property, I need to head out this weekend and see if I can't stir some up with the condor! :)

What kind of power does your condor put out?

Crikey that's pretty gnarly!

I'd love to get my hands on a .25 but to get a firearms certificate is a lengthy wait over here. Not to mention it's a lot of money and strict guidelines you have to adhere to.

We have to have:

No criminal record.
cabinet bolted to wall.
A lockable box inside cabinet
Police Inspections

And more...

It's a lot of hassle but worth it if you're serious.

Yeah, I have an uncle in Italy that has a firearm license, and he says the police will just randomly drop in to check on him and the guns and ammo. Pretty strict. Sorry, but I still haven't gotten out to shoot yet. It been raining for the last couple days, and ruined my turkey hunting plans, and shooting in general. Weather forecast says it should clear up this afternoon, so I will see if I can't get out then.

Ted if moderators were illegal over here I would not be making them, look at all of the newer guns over here, lots of them now have screw on moderators. I think for a while sellers were paranoid about them being illegal, slowly over time as they have seen makers like myself selling them they have started to make them and sell them on their guns. At one time dealers would remove the moderators from air guns coming from the UK because they were paranoid about them being illegal. If you read the court case posted on my web site a federal court ruled that Alphabet org has no control over air guns and if they want to apply their silencer laws to air gun silencers/moderators they would have to go back to the law makers and have the laws changed, they also concluded that the Alphabet org's description of what they considered a silencer was vague and the laws could not be applied according to their description of what is considered a silencer. 
I would suggest that a moderator is legal in any state where an air gun is legal, obviously if air guns are banned in your city then there would be no need for a moderator. 

Understood, Neil. I should have clarified that this issue isn't a legal one, but rather a "misunderstanding" between customs and dealers/manufacturers. A screw-on silencer is perfectly legal for airgun use, but the folks at customs get very twitchy when they see very well made silencers that simply say "for airgun use only". I am pretty sure this is why the US version of the Daystate Wolverine has the [screw-on] Huggett expoxied to the shroud/threads. It isn't a matter of "legal or not legal", it is a matter of importers/exporters getting their products hung-up or confiscated.

Got ya bud, that is one reason I refuse to ship them outside of the USA, it could easily have Homeland security come knocking on my door. I have heard they have visited certain dealers who have shipped air gun barrels overseas, so even though they are legal there are certain individuals in law enforcement and customs who are just not sure about their legality. I have made them for lawyers and law enforcement officers and recently when I had the Deputy here taking my statement about the stolen Brocock he looked at all of my guns very carefully and asked who made the silencers. I said I did, and made sure I added that they are legal on air rifles, he replied after I gave him a demonstration of how they worked! " I don't care I just wanted to know because I want one, they look and sound awesome".