• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Rabbit culling in New Zealand.

Great shooting and video! That's a whole lot of rabbits!
Thanks.
Question, why .25, going longer?
The .177 is awesome out to 60 or 70 yards, and if there is no wind I’ll stretch it out to 80 or 90. The problem is that little 8.44gr pellet starts to runs out of steam at those distances, and the wind blows here every day. I’m getting more and more calls for bigger properties needing longer shots, and the wind never stops blowing here, so I started looking for an air rifle that can send slugs down range and pick up where the .177 pellet leaves off.
I was looking at .22 slugs in the 25 to 30grain range and a rifle that could shoot them, then I started doing some research into .22 vs .25, and the .25 can do everything the .22 can do and a bit more.

I found this .25 Air Arms S510 for a good price and thought I’d give it a try. It’s a lot of fun to play with and everything I’ve shot with it so far just falls over dead!
The problem is it has a choked barrel, so I might have a hard time getting it to shoot slugs like I want it too… 🤔

Thanks.

The .177 is awesome out to 60 or 70 yards, and if there is no wind I’ll stretch it out to 80 or 90. The problem is that little 8.44gr pellet starts to runs out of steam at those distances, and the wind blows here every day. I’m getting more and more calls for bigger properties needing longer shots, and the wind never stops blowing here, so I started looking for an air rifle that can send slugs down range and pick up where the .177 pellet leaves off.
I was looking at .22 slugs in the 25 to 30grain range and a rifle that could shoot them, then I started doing some research into .22 vs .25, and the .25 can do everything the .22 can do and a bit more.

I found this .25 Air Arms S510 for a good price and thought I’d give it a try. It’s a lot of fun to play with and everything I’ve shot with it so far just falls over dead!
The problem is it has a choked barrel, so I might have a hard time getting it to shoot slugs like I want it too… 🤔
Well, I can say that my Maverick 600mm barrel reaches out to 125 fairly well with either 26gr slugs or 33.95 pellets. I'm looking quite seriously at a Jefferson State .25. tuned for heavier slugs. Of course any thing above a brisk breeze becomes problematic quickly. Given your record so far I think you'll be fine, the bunnies not so much.

Well, I can say that my Maverick 600mm barrel reaches out to 125 fairly well with either 26gr slugs or 33.95 pellets. I'm looking quite seriously at a Jefferson State .25. tuned for heavier slugs. Of course any thing above a brisk breeze becomes problematic quickly. Given your record so far I think you'll be fine, the bunnies not so much.
😂 thanks.
What speed are you pushing those 33.95gr pellets out to 125yards?

😂 thanks.
What speed are you pushing those 33.95gr pellets out to 125yards?
879 on the JSB MKII. 933 on the RMR/FX 26gr, IMHO the 33.95's are a smidge better, maybe. I've been MESSING with some Zans had some good results with the heavier ones but I'd have to mess with my tune and I'm NOT GOING TO DO IT!!! <--- reminder to myself. On my last lousy video I'm using my .22 compact and 21gr slugs at 69 to 100 yards.