Rabbit at 15 yards right now

I let him walk/hop. The rabbits here (CO) have fleas that carry the Bubonic plague. We had one human case of the plague last year. If I see a skunk or raccoon during the day, I shoot, as they are almost surely rabid. I actually would have never thought of hunting skunks until I talked to one of my neighbors after seeing a trap in his yard. When I asked him what he did with them when he trapped them, he said he covers the trap in a black tarp and puts it in the 100+ degree sun and lets it die. I know that hunting them would be much more humane than letting them be killed that way.

You are funny. Never saw one eat the bark off a tree or shrub? They will girdle a tree or just plain eat off the base of a berry cane. B.
No I guess I haven’t. Don’t have an abundance of them around my house though. When I need one for dog training, I have to find a friend in town to trap them. They’re all over the neighborhoods in town.

I whack them all, when you see one just figure there are more. They reproduce like weeds if not exterminated, as a matter of fact I shot a female yesterday. But the week before I got two males, one was doing nasty's to her, should of shot her first. One got thru the neighbors fence and he found him--great neighbor btw. Bottom picture is the female
0327241653a.jpg
0403240844a.jpg

Reactions: Airgunmann