Beeman R9

I put the Hawke AMX 2-7x32 on my R9 (22cal). The AMX line is made for springer rifles and I prefer it's reticle. For rings, I put a used 1pc unit, 4" inches I had laying around. It's probably a UTG. I've had no problems with it so I see no need to replace it. I use BKL 200 & 300 series double strap rings on all my other springers. The clamp length and overall length on a 1 pc scope ring can not exceed 4" with the 2-7x32 AMX scope. So the BKL-260 would work.( $55 ) Most people go with a larger scope like the 3-9x40 which is nice. Again the BKL-260 will work. If you want to go with 2 scope rings then the BKL-263 ( $40 ). The 200 series are for 1" scopes and the 300 series are for 30mm scopes. So check out their sites. I shoot from 25yds out to 50yds all the time and sometime 65yds with the R9 and the 2-7x32 works fine for me. The AMX reticle is easier to see and use for holdover and windage.

Last edited:
Vantage for 12fpe or under, Airmax for all your other needs - I have both.

If you can be patient the Airmax scopes often go for near 1/2 price on DVOR during their scope sales.

If you want to take a flier on a UTG 3-9x40 True Strength, they are cheap, reasonably good glass for the price, teticles,(damn QWERTY!) are a bit thick, but they work very well.