• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Day not improving woth thunderstorms / flash floods , but figured may as well do somthing so a quick 100&75y

Seems i could not get things " right" today

R9 , 75 & 100y , talos @8x, .177 cphp.

R9,75y,talos8x,cphp 177.jpg
R9,100y,talos8x,cphp.177.jpg
I try , i fail... Always tomorrow.😉

Maybe ill try harder next time.😉
My HW 35E that AOA serviced when I complained about accuracy is still acting up with poor accuracy on my scopes even though AOA got accuracy per factory specs after they dismantled it, cleaned and lubed it and tested it with an Athalon scope. I did test the 2 UTG Bugbuster and Vortex scopes I used and they work like a charm on my RWS 350. Something has to be wrong with the barrel connection. As last resort, zeroing in on using iron sights, type of pellet and the hold. One thing is with this Lyman shooting patch on my glasses and using a white paper plate with a thick red circle with the middle still white, I can see the target with the iron sights quite well. Since you are pretty good on iron sights, what sort of 5 shot group should myself (say average shooter, no marksman) be expecting at 20 yards with iron sights if my gun is shooting to HW's specifications? Getting so frustrated, I may sell it for parts. Note I get good accuracy on my FWB 124 and RWS 350 but maybe this HW 35 is especially pellet picky and hold sensative. Would appreciate your input.

My HW 35E that AOA serviced when I complained about accuracy is still acting up with poor accuracy on my scopes even though AOA got accuracy per factory specs after they dismantled it, cleaned and lubed it and tested it with an Athalon scope. I did test the 2 UTG Bugbuster and Vortex scopes I used and they work like a charm on my RWS 350. Something has to be wrong with the barrel connection. As last resort, zeroing in on using iron sights, type of pellet and the hold. One thing is with this Lyman shooting patch on my glasses and using a white paper plate with a thick red circle with the middle still white, I can see the target with the iron sights quite well. Since you are pretty good on iron sights, what sort of 5 shot group should myself (say average shooter, no marksman) be expecting at 20 yards with iron sights if my gun is shooting to HW's specifications? Getting so frustrated, I may sell it for parts. Note I get good accuracy on my FWB 124 and RWS 350 but maybe this HW 35 is especially pellet picky and hold sensative. Would appreciate your input.
Hard to say, this one had its ups and downs in its first year kinda like what you say . I guess at 20y to hit a nickel size circle on irons . Last 30 i shot i forgot to tighten the scope mounts past hand snugg and shot kinda slopy.. lol.

Heres a older 30y

Reactions: JDR
A little adjustment, but man it's already sweltering..

100y mixed. Cphp, ftt.50 and ftt.52 . I just cant get over how bad the ftt.52 pellets do past 50y when the .50's lay them in good. Some of the .52's did not hit the paper and hit in the cardboard backing thing.. heck the cphp was right there with the .50's. The .52's do best at under 50y.. go figure?
100ymix.jpg

Then a finish up 75y with cphp for fun
75y,cphp.jpg

@JDR - Have you checked the stock screws? Loose stock screws will cause inconsistent results. Even lock tite screws will loosen on a springer.
I found the soft wood untill them spots like screw hole areas and where the receiver beds harden up things can loosen. Like max said loctite works good till the wood compresses again ..

Some guys use tricks like painting them spots with like superglue to soak in the wood to help harden the wood ..

Reactions: fishing43
Hey keep me in mind if you decide to sell 😳😳😃

Sorry, cannot sell. It was the stock screws. Getting close to nickle size groups. Blame Hateful McNasty and Maxtrouble for telling me to tighten the stock screws. It would have gone real cheap if not for them. :LOL:
Darn those guys 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Well I’m glade you are getting it dialed in. . It’s taken me all most 6 months to get my new HW95L field pro Shoot really good. My problem was fighting a bad spring an couldn’t keep action from moving in the stock

Day not improving woth thunderstorms / flash floods , but figured may as well do somthing so a quick 100&75y

Seems i could not get things " right" today

R9 , 75 & 100y , talos @8x, .177 cphp.

View attachment 373027
View attachment 373026
I try , i fail... Always tomorrow.😉
Have had a number of those days....as I get older, they come more often !! Just shows you are a human !!

I found the soft wood untill them spots like screw hole areas and where the receiver beds harden up things can loosen. Like max said loctite works good till the wood compresses again ..

Some guys use tricks like painting them spots with like superglue to soak in the wood to help harden the wood ..
there is a wood hardener product @ lowes or HD , but i would imagine a thin super glue to soak in works to

Reactions: Hateful McNasty