• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

R9 Horizontal stringing

So, my beeman r9 has developed pretty bad horizontal stringing to the point that if I put slight pressure on the barrel with my hand before shooting it will be about 3 inches off at 20 yards. I cant seem to get rid of the side to side play in the barrel at lock up.
Check the pivot bolt tension on your barrel and tighten if necessary.

I have, but was very careful with the shims going back to the correct place. Or so I thought. The shims are my main thought as to what's causing it.
I was on that thought train as well.
If you reinstalled them, then that should not be an issue, but you may want to double check.
Short of that, check that the chisel detent is clear and working. If it is acting bound up in some fashion, that could lead to janky lock up.

I was on that thought train as well.
If you reinstalled them, then that should not be an issue, but you may want to double check.
Short of that, check that the chisel detent is clear and working. If it is acting bound up in some fashion, that could lead to janky lock up.
I actually took it the chisel out last night and cleaned then re lubed with moly. My vertical accuracy is spot on. I just have the problem with the barrel moving left and right.

No, that's why I opted to try it. I think my shims may be worn out. Idk what the wear rate is but I have around 5,000 rounds through it.
Shims don't wear out. Play is taken up with the pivot bolt and nut.

My first HW30 probably has 100k shots or more through it. It's broken springs and worn out seals and detent cross pins but never a shim.

Shims don't wear out. Play is taken up with the pivot bolt and nut.

My first HW30 probably has 100k shots or more through it. It's broken springs and worn out seals and detent cross pins but never a shim.
Well thats good to know at least, don't know what would be causing the left to right play then. I'll get a group of shots touching then it will shoot another group 2 inches to the right then another right in the middle.

Are you using a scope? If so, take it off and shoot the open sights and see if it continues.
It would most certainly stop if I used iron sights. However the problem is with the barrel moving left and right while locked up not in the scope moving. The scope is a fairly new vortex diamondback with a stop pin and loc tite on all the screws.