Beeman R9 fun

A friend was shooting my S200 .177 PCP and marveled at the accuracy.
He said he had bought a German springer years ago but that it was lousy and he had given up on it.
I was delighted to see that it was a Beeman R9.
Anyway he let me take it home to try different pellets.
The main problem was the scope he had was awful and basically unusable.
I put on a bug buster scope and found it was a super accurate rifle.
It was dark so I just shot indoors at 7 yards from the recliner with the rifle balanced across my crossed knee.
What an awesome rifle!!
Can’t wait to try it out at 25 and 40 yards when it gets light.
I called to tell him the good news and told him that I would happily pay him $75 and a toothy smile for the rifle.
He passed on the offer 😲😑.
I’m definitely going to own one of these someday!

IMG_7195.jpeg

IMG_7198.jpeg

IMG_7197.jpeg

" icalled to tell him the good news and told him that I would happily pay him $75 and a toothy smile for the rifle.
I’m definitely going to own one of these someday"

I don't think $75 and a smile will get you there anytime soon..🤤

But good luck with that anyway.. miracle's can happen..🤧

Reactions: davelarson
" icalled to tell him the good news and told him that I would happily pay him $75 and a toothy smile for the rifle.

His reply was “wow, I’d only lose about $300 on the deal” Ha ha.
He’s stoked that it’s so good and that he only needs a decent scope!

Love my R9, took it out and practiced yesterday while a friend was turkey hunting about 75-00 yards away. He came back after he was done, asked if I was shooting the rifle while he was away. - I confirmed I was. He didn't hear a thing the entire time from the rifle. I'm using it at our upcoming Concord FT match next Sunday, just to learn more about the rifles (and my lack) of capabilities

Reactions: fishing43

Hey Hateful,
Back in 2016/2019 those guns could be had for around $300/$325, so he may have taken $250 and thought it was a good deal.
Especially since he was turned off by the gun and didn't understand how to adjust it.
When a guns almost in new condition, you can't make a "rip-off" offer and expect it to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Hey Hateful,
Back in 2016/2019 those guns could be had for around $300/$325, so he may have taken $250 and thought it was a good deal.
Especially since he was turned off by the gun and understand how to adjust it.
When a guns almost in new condition, you can't make a "rip-off" offer and expect it to work.
My thought on that first was if the op offered him 300$ / real life more reasonable and a smile he may of met that goal of having a r9..🤤

Guys, I was joking with him about the price and toothy smile lol!
I just tried the rifle at 25 yards with JSB 8.44 pellets and it preformed very nicely.
They are five shot groups, except two have a sixth shot because I had a flyer that was out of the cluster.
It was certainly me and not the rifle.
I’m really impressed with my first try with a powerful springer!

IMG_7201.jpeg

IMG_7202.jpeg

IMG_7203.jpeg