• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Thursday late evening the wind died down enugh i set up 100 rack and sighted in , yesterday gale force no shooting,. This morning before the sun broke over the horizon it was still so checked my work..

R9 , cphp .177, 100y,. Stock irons. Rested on o"lsock and a block.

R9 cphp.177, 100y.jpg
R9 bench, 100y try.jpg

Not bad if i say so myself.😉

i do not think i cold do irons @ 100 / peep's maybe
That wind makes the difference.
So little energy on them 7.9 177 ..lol. I mean just can put a dent / scratch the paint in that crosman tin . Ol' 22 cphp still rips through..

Ol' hw /r's. Dont disappoint once seasoned in to your liking.

Reactions: Deerstalker
That’s good shooting !! Back when I was young I competed Black powder cartridge 100 yards to 500 yards . good vernier tang sight Post front sight Lot of fun watching those steel targets fall over !! Now I truly enjoy my pellet rifles. A truly understand the challenges of long range shooting . The slightest breeze on 7.9 gr makes it a challenge. I say again good shooting Heck I having trouble hit 1 inch target at 50yards with a scoped HW95 177

Reactions: Deerstalker
Just in a short time from shooting that , take the pics, come in refill coffee, edit pics and post this thread the wind picked up good and now sprinkle rain.. i guess it was fun while it lasted.. i was hoping to do a 10 more pic. Maybe 10 blowed off 3" left ..lol

My eyes aint what they use to be . The past 2 years more noticeable..

When the spring season winds die down I shoot my TX200 at 50 and 100 a fair bit. I do not use iron sights though. With trifocals it is not a working solution for me. I wish.
Winds been like this for a solid year now .. crazy. Use to have to beg for a slight breeze now it's like never under 12 mph..all day .

Glasses dont help . Biggest thing is sight glare. See my little " roof" over the rear sight.. also a strip of dulled black electrical tape ive pit along the top of the barrel at times. Hw sights are pretty bad for the gun it is and its cost. Imho.. but i make do.

My old eyes had to have glasses many years back. While the glasses really helped with my vision, cant see diddly thru the scope with my glasses on!! After much experimenting with the glasses, just give up on them for shooting. Found out I could adjust my scope lens to make up for my glasses. Much better now, but....gotta put the glasses back on to see the scope knobs!!! Can't win...

Reactions: fishing43
Thursday late evening the wind died down enugh i set up 100 rack and sighted in , yesterday gale force no shooting,. This morning before the sun broke over the horizon it was still so checked my work..

R9 , cphp .177, 100y,. Stock irons. Rested on o"lsock and a block.

View attachment 344770View attachment 344771

Not bad if i say so myself.😉
My 95 .22 is dropping a tad under 60" at 100 yards with a 25 yard zero BUT at 84 there is no way I could even see that target without a scope. Excellent shooting!

Just in a short time from shooting that , take the pics, come in refill coffee, edit pics and post this thread the wind picked up good and now sprinkle rain.. i guess it was fun while it lasted.. i was hoping to do a 10 more pic. Maybe 10 blowed off 3" left ..lol

My eyes aint what they use to be . The past 2 years more noticeable..
I just had my yearly VA eye checkup & learned that I am a candidate for Cataract surgery. This may be something you want to have checked. I believe that one eye is done at a time in an out patient type operation.

If the wind ever stops blowing id do more thats been a issue here near everyday for a solid year +.. 10-15+ mph then gusts .. today i bet its every bit 20.. lived here my whole life and can recall anything like this with the wind. Never ending ..

My 95 .22 is dropping a tad under 60" at 100 yards with a 25 yard zero BUT at 84 there is no way I could even see that target without a scope. Excellent shooting!
That cant be right can it.? Os tjat eith s 25+ grain pellet? That Gamo aint but like 8 inches. Well ???? I set up 10m with a aim point and my hit is adjusted to 6 or 8 inches high and that gets me close at 100y with cphp.22 ( before the seal started to go). I have the gamo with its package scope ready to do 100y but again all this crazy wind. just Unreal. Im luck to go shoot 50' the wind just hitting /pushing/rocking your body throws you off outside blowing the pellets off. Im past sick of it.

So i quick set up this at 30y . The gamos scoped is zeroed at 100y. Using cphp .22. It's 8 inches
gamo,100yzero@30y.jpg

Took 2 shots to check the poi..