R5m or tipan

I have been waiting for the r5m to return in stock, but have recieved a pm that they may well be discontinued. I have asked this question in various posts and never got a reply. When asked when they would be back in stock I was told not sure when or if . Which sounds like maybe the pm is correct. Any way I see the tipans are back in stock, and if there are no more r5m going to come out I would buy one of these tipans ( was hoping for forward lever cocking ) but many say they get used to it. I will wait for an r5m if they are not discontinued, and maybe just delayed because of the leshiy 2. And iam sure Brian and Ed are busier then ever right now. Any one know for sure ?

I have a Taipan Compact in 25 cal and the gun is solid, well balanced and adjusting the power is the breeze with the DonnyFL adjustment knob on it. Just got the scope today and I got the rifle last week, the scope really balances things out. The Taipan with the DonnyFL Sumo on it is so quiet it is to the point of scary. At a 25 ft/lbs setting the gun makes next to no noise. Also, I do plan to get a Matador R5M one day, maybe sooner than later. Below is the Taipan.

2E7AFD5C-0AD0-4ECC-A90C-121D4F989991.1602182625.jpeg

The R5M is not discontinued, just got my AWB that my shipment of 70 R5M are arriving today in the USA

Let me tell you guys a little secret, the firearms community have found us, with no ammunition and a national shortage of primers coming things are going to get worse for firearms. I cannot tell you how many guns I have sold to first time airgun buyers, they have run me out of guns

The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated -

Mark Twain

I don’t think EdGun would spend the money on a new Matador with the Leshiy 2 just introduced and I am sure it took a lot of capital to design it. From what I understand the R3 was out 5 years before an update, and the R5M just started rolling out about 2 years ago if I am correct. Steve at AEAC gets paid for his reviews and as @dingfelder you said the video is only a few months old.

R5M have a lot of new design tricks, you like it or not
2 side cocking bad hard

1 screw take the block out, but no hammer spring tension

asymetrical moderator but needs attention the tight of nut
Great EDMU till needs battery
Hunting trigger

Material, excelent

Build perfect

Magazines from 500 $ gun
Magazine material plastic
Moderator plastic 

Reactions: Batman2