R5M or Leyla 2.0

Looking to buy one or the other in the next day or to. Will be a field/brush/truck gun. Definitely getting .25 cal. Expect 80 yard max accurate distance but most hunting will be 30 yards or less. Will definitely see some bench/tripod time. Got to get in those 1000+ break in shots somehow. Weight of the R5M is a concern but hoping the synthetic stock will be a little lighter. The short moderator on the Leyla makes me wonder if it’s a little loud in .25. 

Any thoughts to share? Looks like many prefer the Leyla in the field, however the R5M looks to be better while playing on the bench(and quieter).

If weight is your primary concern, the R5M doesn't weigh that much more than the Lelya 2.0 (I've owned both) yet the R5M seems to provide more of the benefits you're looking for. You'll get more shots out of the R5M and it'll be a little more accurate at the longer ranges. The stock on the Lelya 2.0 makes it harder to mount a bipod/tripod and the R5M stock is a little easier to rest on a bag. The Lelya 2.0 main benefits will be that it's shorter, lighter and easier to maneuver in the truck or field. As for moderation, you can get the Edgun BAT moderator for either rifle and the report will be roughly the same.

If I was having to decide between the two I would get the R5M. Weight wise you are looking at 6.75 for the R5M vs 6.4 for the Lelya and only dealing with an additional 4 inches length for the R5M (27.5 is still very easy to deal with). I would rather have the additional shot count and power of the R5M. Just my two cents...

Totally agree - if you can only have one of the two, the R5M is the way to go . . . it's a better all around rifle for most situations. The Lelya 2.0 is a more specialized, niche rifle that's a nice to have if you have other all-purpose type rifles already in your safe. Ironically, I sold my R5M and kept the Lelya 2.0 because I had more rifles that duplicated my R5M and nothing as compact as the Lelya.

Now I just have to find a light scope for the brush. I have several for long range. Maybe a fixed 4 or 6 power.

The SWFA 3-15x44 has always worked well on my Edguns. Medium magnification, good glass and fairly light. Here's what it looks like (with sunshade) on my Lelya:

pcp2.1604432886.jpg

Looking to buy one or the other in the next day or to. Will be a field/brush/truck gun. Definitely getting .25 cal. Expect 80 yard max accurate distance but most hunting will be 30 yards or less. Will definitely see some bench/tripod time. Got to get in those 1000+ break in shots somehow. Weight of the R5M is a concern but hoping the synthetic stock will be a little lighter. The short moderator on the Leyla makes me wonder if it’s a little loud in .25. 

Any thoughts to share? Looks like many prefer the Leyla in the field, however the R5M looks to be better while playing on the bench(and quieter).

I think you summed it up well. I have Lelya 2.0s in 177 and 25. For pesting they are really awesome. Short and quick off hand. 

That said I also have a 22 R5M. It can fill in any pesting situation, is better on the bench, and when equipped with a BAT is more quiet than my .177 Lelya. My R5M gets shot the most.

80 yards is totally doable with either platform.

I agree with the others that the R5M std is the first one if you know you will shoot a lot from a bipod/tripod on a bench.

I'm going to have to go against the current on this one. My vote is for the lelya. I've owned an R5M and a buddy bought a lelya. I felt that the Lelya out shined the R5M close in. But held it's own out to 80 against the R. The BAT is a must actually I felt the lelya was quieter, with the BAT. As far as off the bench a small rail can be added to the Lelya and makes it bench friendly.