• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

R10 toast rack removal

"HauntedMyst"Malcom,

Why install the Huma when the R-10 has one? I've read multi people that have done this and dont understand it.

Not to hijack this thread but I have an R10 and if I fill it to the upper limit of 3300 psi the first couple of shots come to a little slower. For example mine is set to shoot at 905fps and the initial shots I get are 875ish. I now fill mine to 3000psi and get 905fps. The Huma regulator takes care of this as I have a friend who had the same issue and he installed a Huma and his shoots fine at 3300psi.

Camd,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, but took a few days off.

Re: the Huma regulator. After I shot about 200 pellets thru the R10 I had an extreme spread of about 16 to 18 feet per second and the same problem as bvan had. Changed out the BSA reg and the es dropped to 4-6 fps and a full fill at 232 bar shows no drop in velocity. Velocity is around 895 fps with Air Arms Falcons that shoot better than JSB 16 grains in my rifle, your best pellet will probably be different. It is shooting good enough that I hate to mess with anything now. That should last about two weeks.

Part No. 38 is the R10 firing valve housing, if it is not tight as per the XTX Air procedure you will get a leak. 

AirgunSpares.com has a good exploded parts diagram of the R10 in the airgun spares section under BSA. Malcolm