• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BSA R10 factory regulator help

I resealed my R10 and was getting velocity in the 925fps range, which seems a bit high, so I tried adjusting the regulator, and when i first turned it, there seemed to be no tension at all on the belleville washers, (no air in the gun). So, I gave it a quarter turn after feeling pressure on the washers. When shooting over the chrony, I get 825ish fps, then it after a few shots it jumps to 860ish, then a few more and 890ish. I've tried more pressure on the belleville stack, no real change. I backed off the hammer spring and velocity goes down and up with spring tension on the hammer, but it still rises quite a bit after some shots. I don't know where to make the initial setting on the reg without ordering a reg test block, Does anyone have any idea of a initial setting ie. even with the end of the reg body or some such?

I've read that some R10 regs are good and some are bad, but this one seems waaaay off. I only got one string that was decent before messing with the reg, it was 927fps avg for 10.5gr Crosman with a ES of 15fps and a %ES of 1.62% for 20 shots. I'm just trying to turn it down to something like 850fps.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.