• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Beeman R1 .22 convert to .25?

I have too many .22’s, & I really enjoy my 52 .25 side lever springer. I know I would prefer a good .25 break barrel.
The R1 could do great with the alloy .25’s or the 20.14 FTT’s.
I just need to know who could convert it.
It’s a simple barrel, swap. You buy the barrel from Chambers or Pyramid if they have them. Remove cocking arm and replace new barrel with it and done

Many people buy a new cocking arm and rivet so it’s just a drop in

It’s a simple barrel, swap. You buy the barrel from Chambers or Pyramid if they have them. Remove cocking arm and replace new barrel with it and done

Many people buy a new cocking arm and rivet so it’s just a drop in
Yes, if I could find a .25 barrel, block, cocking arm and shoe, get it all lined up, great. Not sure it’s so easy

Unless cocked the barrel pivot bolt is always under spring pressure from the detent or mainspring. The pivot bolt has very fine tolerances and threads. It'd be easy to bugger the threads of the bolt or receiver working against spring pressure. It's never advisable to work on a cocked gun.

It's best to remove the mainspring when switching barrels on Weihrauch rifles. If you're not comfortable with that I can do it.

Reactions: JamesD.
Chambers has 1 .25 in full length. £110. $136 USA. Hammish is great to work with ,great guy..
John Knibbs
Has carbines. With threads for brakes.

Its not the easiest to refit rivets. I’ve done a lot of them.
yes the detent and spring as well as pin will need to be purchased with new barrel

You DO not need the spring out to install different barrels 🧐

Reactions: patrikky
Chambers has 1 .25 in full length. £110. $136 USA. Hammish is great to work with ,great guy..
John Knibbs
Has carbines. With threads for brakes.

Its not the easiest to refit rivets. I’ve done a lot of them.
yes the detent and spring as well as pin will need to be purchased with new barrel

You DO not need the spring out to install different barrels 🧐
Unless it's changed in the last year the chisel detent and its spring come in the new barrel. The cocking arm rivet does have to be bought separately.

Sure a barrel can be changed without removing the mainspring. I've done it, but it's dicey as hell and the consequences of failure outweigh the work involved to remove the mainspring. If you know how to safely replace a HW barrel without removing mainspring pressure. Please share it.