Other R.A.W. HM1000x Chassis Rifle versus FX Impact M3

The fx has so many bells and whistles, I'd wager you could easily tune it to be more accurate..... but there's also something to be said for the stability of a long gun on a bench. Which is a lot of the focus on the dynamic and its weight system. I've had an impact, and a couple crowns, but never a raw. Though there are plenty of accounts of them being extremely accurate. And I'm sure there are ways to tune them as well. Albeit not as many.

The fx has so many bells and whistles, I'd wager you could easily tune it to be more accurate..... but there's also something to be said for the stability of a long gun on a bench. Which is a lot of the focus on the dynamic and its weight system. I've had an impact, and a couple crowns, but never a raw. Though there are plenty of accounts of them being extremely accurate. And I'm sure there are ways to tune them as well. Albeit not as many.
Yes, hammer spring and regulator. I believe that's it. And 10 o-rings vs 42+(?)

Thats a lot of orings. I believe RAWs have solid barrels, so harmonics are not much of an issue. Although, for extreme accuracy you will still want to tune this. Frankly can by done through tuning hammer and valve or reg pressure. I do not know what type of rifling they have, but I do know the fx rifling is an advantage over most. As well as generally having better optimized twist for heavier projectiles if that is your thing. Of course you can always fit more barrels of any kind to any gun if you really want to. And for ownership, the RAWs robust construction and simplicity is a big plus. In my opinion, anyhow.

I have both, and and on a good day, they both will shoot 3/4” ten shot groups at 85 yards with the 25.4 Gr pellets. I wouldn’t want to part with either - too completely different platforms. There is no question but what the RAW will require less maintenance.
Thanks! I have a .25 M3 and looking at the RAW Chassis gun. I can clearly see they are both great air rifles but very different. If I buy the RAW I will definitely keep the M3. I'm not one of those who has a wall full of different guns - these two would suit me for quite some time I'm sure.

One suggestion I have is that you buy the RAW Chassis from a vendor that will change the stock out to Magpul specs rather than what comes from the factory. The factory OEM stock leaves some to be desired. I purchased mine from Utah Airguns in desert brown cerekote. They installed the premium stock hardware as part of the purchase. I also sent it to Martin Rutherford at Airguns USA and he removed the factory canister moderator and installed a 1/2” adapter so I could put a better looking and better functioning moderator on it. It shoots the .22 25.39s like a laser.

IMG_4667.jpeg

We all know that the Impact M3 is capable of great accuracy. Is the R.A.W. HM1000x Chassis Rifle as accurate? I would expect it to be less "finicky" since it has fewer adjustments, fewer o-rings, etc., but how does accuracy compare? Mainly bench rest accuracy...
Well, accuracy is a whole different ballpark —-> to large of a area to cover.

But I did have a RAW years ago, they are not air efficient, because of the small Plenum. Limited adjustment makes you feel your set on one accuracy after selecting the right ammo and speed, and all the other tweaking on the ammo and selecting the right silencer to have the Tightest group, the design use less oring and parts to be more reliable as expected.

Ernest

i have a bsa super 10 and a theoben super 12 , both bought before all the fancy fx stuff and they both still hold air and shoot the same with out messing with any adjustments ! on the other hand my fx gen 1 crown bought a few short years ago has reg issues and leaks and is laying dead waiting for me to spend time and money so it can be great again , , its like looking under the hood of a Cadillac " sure runs good " hope nothing goes wrong ! looks like a lot of work to fix

Indeed the RAW chassis makes these guns handle far differently and would agree some of the aftermarket "AR" spec Grips/ Butt's excel the comfort and shootablity when tailored to the shooters wants or requirements.

And will add ..."AR" spec add on parts are a WHOLE LOT less costly than the Specialty Add on parts for the FX brand guns.

a13.jpg

Indeed the RAW chassis makes these guns handle far differently and would agree some of the aftermarket "AR" spec Grips/ Butt's excel the comfort and shootablity when tailored to the shooters wants or requirements.

And will add ..."AR" spec add on parts are a WHOLE LOT less costly than the Specialty Add on parts for the FX brand guns.

View attachment 433756
Where you find that buttstock sir?

Acquired two of them when working for JSAR @ 4 years ago. A very good friend recently found them On-Line and purchased a few for himself, sadly i don't hve the URL or a sellers name to find these, but you might get that info by PM'ing Cameron & asking ?
His post and pictures of other RAW chassis guns fitted with said "Butt" is here
https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/raw-tm1000-rifle-pistol-twins.1304997/
;)
Ok will do. I think I found them but I will message Cameron

Reactions: Motorhead
Well, accuracy is a whole different ballpark —-> to large of a area to cover.

But I did have a RAW years ago, they are not air efficient, because of the small Plenum. Limited adjustment makes you feel your set on one accuracy after selecting the right ammo and speed, and all the other tweaking on the ammo and selecting the right silencer to have the Tightest group, the design use less oring and parts to be more reliable as expected.

Ernest
I have made my RAW HM1000X air efficient.

It's .25. When it came from factory, it was giving around 46 shots at 900fps with 34 grain jsb pellets.

After installing my external plenum, better efficient valve and free flight hammer, I now get around 85 shots with same pellets and at same power level.

I understand that if you can do so great work with FX and other guns, you can convert RAW into a good externally tunable gun.

I have also installed the valve adjuster on the pattern of FX Impact.

Bhaur