Quit Screwing Around: Lets see those SPRINGER GROUPS

Took exactly a month to finish a project which I initially thought might take 12 hours... I suck at guesstimating timelines.

"Snow Peak AK .177" Also known as BAM XS B3 inherited from my late uncle Joe with an upgraded barrel, piston, spring, piston sleeve, sights, and trigger (see build here http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/bionic-bam/)

First test fire after rebuild, with harsh firing 35 coil spring, 20 shots indoors at 10 yds;

Latest test fire (today) 16 shots at 25 yards, fired from bench handheld on elbows. No sandbags. Quit at 16 shots due to intermittent rain.

Ziabeam that is impressive. I basically use the same technique as I have found that most of my springers over the years have shot better without sandbags or I shoot better without sand bags. Also i have found no that if I use a sand bag support I then get a different POI when I shoot say leaning against a tree.
You also said that the spring is harsh, is that noise wise or recoil?

"Goodtogo"@Ziabeam very nice work on your rebuild but the part that really impresses me is this line you said "inherited from my late uncle Joe ". Its what any gun owner hopes will happen someday to the rifles they leave someone.
Thanks for that sentiment Goodtogo... means a LOT !!! Here's why;

Retrieved it from uncle Joe and aunt Gloria's cabin in fall of 2012 about 8 months after his passing. Funny thing was I struggled with tearing into the airgun for sentimental reasons, but recalled seeing an identical one gutted and dusty, lying tattered in pieces propped in a corner of his quint little shop. It appeared as though he had dabbled in fixing a bad sample, and wound up replacing it with this one in lieu of messing with the other any further. That was the reason I elected to give it over to the metal munchers in my shop. Pretty sure he would approve.

2-1/2 years later that cabin burned to the ground...

and all was lost, leaving my aunt in a tent until I could reach her to sift through the ashes. She is well and the dogs all survived !!! :)
Countless airguns and firearms were saved from certain destruction, thanks to his wishes and my aunt's approval.

"Windmill01"...
You also said that the spring is harsh, is that noise wise or recoil?

Both.
Bucked and whacked pretty good with lighter pellets and sounded inefficient. No scientific reason to shorten the spring. The stock one was 34-1/2 coils, but much softer and very weak. The Vortek spring though smaller wire and smaller o.d. had similar i.d. and of seemingly higher quality. It was an off the shelf offering with 35 coils. They offer specified coil counts so I'll be ordering a spare at 32 coils.

BTW just shot another 10 yard group with the 32 coil spring. Groups better !!
10 shots 10 yards

As Joe said, it's all about the pellets. The FWB is capable of shooting amazingly accurate. Just this morning I went to my arms dealer (Krale) to test pellets, and found out which pellets my Walther LG210 likes best. Turned out to be the RWS R10 Match with 4.49mm head size. Not the cheapest, but as a match shooter you need the best. This batch came out amazingly accurate, so I immediately bought 5000 of them.

20 shots through one single hole at 10 meters, with diopter sights. I'm going to do some testing to find out how my FWB300S likes these.

Edit: the FWB300S doesn't like the RWB R10 Match pellets, but that makes sense since the older FWB rifles like softer lead pellets, like the JSB's (and Air Arms, which in fact are made by JSB). Grouping with 10 pellets was 3 times bigger compared to the Walther 20-shot group.

Reactions: Wadcutter
I've just barely scratched the surface of the whole pellet thing but I have found that JSB and AA seldom disappoint if the weight is right for the gun. I bought some Falcons in .177 to try out and I have to check each pellet as the tin has more than a few with funky skirts. I also bought a tin of Kaisers that are supposed to be 5.5 .22 but each pellet has to be crammed into the barrel and shoot poorly. Nice container though. %^)