Quit Screwing Around: Lets see those SPRINGER GROUPS

Lots of talking, but very few groups. Let's go, guys; pony up! Don't let Joe scare you away with his 50 shot @ 40 yd. group.

Here are a few of my recent groups with the TX200:

From the bench @ 25 yds. factory setup. Butt of the rifle was unsupported, 5/16" groups are common:

From the bench @ 40 yds., factory setup, as above, but 7/16" group. The other groups were zeroing as I shot:

14 yds. (the length of my basement) field target position. (sitting on the floor, resting rifle on my knees) 3/16", 5-shots.

The above groups were all stock. Here's some after the Vortek 12 FPE kit was put in. Probably not broken in yet. That, or it prefers other pellets now, which I've not tested. 5/16" AA Diabolo Field. This was probably shot before it was broken in, as I feel like it'll do a lot better now.

In stock form, this rifle was as buzzy as could be, and felt a little "grindy" when cocking. But still accurate! Now, it feels better, but doesn't shoot as well. Lemme shoot another couple hunnert rounds and try again.

Nice shots Joe.

With that kind of accuracy, I think hunting is not out of the question; head shots on everything.

How 'bout mixing it up a little and shooting from some field positions? One one knee, seated from knees, standing offhand.

Me, on the other hand... I will try shooting from the bench next chance I get. I can do it in the basement (14 yds.) any evening, but it' would probably be just one hole that's hard to measure. Probably at the range Saturday, before the match.

As for the magic tin of Falcons, is it possible it was a magic state of tune for the gun? Maybe you shot that group, then tinkered with it next week and disturbed something in that perfect mechanical system.

Nay man my ass is too lazy to get up off that bench !! No really tho, the thing that paralyzed my eye ( Bells Palsy ) also paralyzed two nerves in my inner ear so I have like Vertigo problems . Picturing getting off the Merry go Round and picking up a gun :) It not a huge deal but it's something I can handle well if I have a bench to kinda lean against . At times I'm like the town drunk ..lmao
There are upsides tho , one shot of cough syrup and I'm falling on my ass , and the Main upside is Chicks dig Pirates ...It a fact look it up !

Use this type of target Smaug. And it won't be one hole. Use it at 14 yards and it will tell you if your rifle is shooting straight?

bpx9p1d.jpg

Nice shooting guys! Just shot this size-of-a-pigion-brain group about 5 minutes ago. 16.4 yards or 15 meters, standing off-hand position, 25 pellets, diopter sights (no scope on this baby). Weapon of choice; my 40-year old FWB300S. For comparison a .177 flat head pellet on the bottom left part on the card. Not my best shooting, but it's so damn hot today.