• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Quit my job to go shooting rabbits!!!

Hi Folks,

So I quit my job and I’ve taken the big leap of faith and started a little business doing full time professional pest control culling rabbits here in New Zealand 😳

I’ve just created my first pest control video and uploaded it to a YouTube channel I’ve just created.
Have a look and let me know what you think. Any constructive criticism will be welcomed, and I’ll use any suggestions towards the next video I make.

You might have to copy and paste, sorry, but here is the link:

Many thanks,
Pete.

Mod edit: embedded video by copying and pasting the link from the share button

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with your business endeavors! Good video & shooting. I've been doing the same for the last 6 years in California, rabbits & mostly ground squirrels. 75‐100 yard head shots are routine. Have guns, camera, flashlight, WILL TRAVEL (especially to New Zealand! ) (y) 🤪 :ROFLMAO:
(See Gerry Reba on YouTube for vids)

Good target rich environment makes a good video and yours is rich. Good action, great shots.
What scope is that. Equipment?
Looks like your on your way in pest control.!
Hi Mec
The scope is a Pard DS35 70. It’s a digital day/night scope. During the day it is amazingly clear, and at night it is still very sharp although it is in black&white (infer-red). I’m very impressed with it.
I shoot an AirArms S510 in .177 using 8.44gr JSB exact doing 813fps which gives just over 12Fpe.
Almost all the work I do is in very close proximity to horses, sometimes literally only 2 yards away from me, which is why I choose to use a low power .177, it’s whisper quiet 👍🏻

good video , good shooting . what do you do with the rabbits ? Lot of good cooking there ! Maybe homeless shelters ? Elderly homes ? Meat markets ?
Hi Beerthief,
In NZ there are laws about selling any meat that has been hunted, i.e. not commercially farmed, but I do utilize some of them myself (rabbit is good eating 👍🏻). Some carcasses the land owners use to feed their dogs, but honestly, there is just too many of them! I’m also looking into supplying the carcasses to a pet food manufacturer.

What was your weapon of choice? Let us know your setup please.
Hi Scuba,
AirArms S510 in .177 cal.
It was originally a FAC version, meaning high powered, but this one has had a Huma reg fitted and the hammer and spring changed to a 12FPE set up.
Reg is set at about 95bar and she is very consistant shot after shot. I get about 70 shots on a 200bar fill.
8.44gr JSB exact doing 813fps for around 12.3FPE.
This one has also been redressed in a custom and very sexy bullpup stock (maybe I’m just biased?😂)
IMG_7374.jpeg

Hi Folks,

So I quit my job and I’ve taken the big leap of faith and started a little business doing full time professional pest control culling rabbits here in New Zealand 😳

I’ve just created my first pest control video and uploaded it to a YouTube channel I’ve just created.
Have a look and let me know what you think. Any constructive criticism will be welcomed, and I’ll use any suggestions towards the next video I make.

Many thanks,
Pete.

Best of luck on your new adventure.

Reactions: RangerPete
Hi Folks,

Many thanks,
Pete.

Well darn, there's a new bar to try to go over. Hope you get a fair bit for each bunny. What was that last critter you got?