• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Quietest PCP under $400?

You still need power if your putting down an animal. I wouldn’t be looking for the quietest but instead the quietest 177 shooting over 850fps. I have a lot of rifles and I do feel 177 a 177 has a slight advantage over 22’s. But of course if you break the sound barrier it’s going to sound like your shot a 22lr. My disco with a tko moderator is accurate, easy to fill, plenty quiet in the power setting and is pretty damned quite. It’s quite enough that that a missed shot’s impact likely to be louder than the sound just past the muzzle 

I have a Marauder which is a great gun for the money. It is very quiet, in fact it took a while to get used to how quiet it is. If you didn't observe the impact energy on the targets, or shoot it through a chrony, you might think it was broken as it almost sounds anemic. But I've been dreaming of upgrading to a Dreamline...and I keep pinching myself, trying to be practical, but I keep dreaming! 

both my 22 and 25 maurader are pretty quiet. The 22 more than the 25.. butIve heard the 177 is really hush hush rifle. Just have to look for the deals. Or even look at remanufactured rifles. You can save some cash on them.

Never tried the Fortitude, but I read that the trigger is not the best on it as its a 1 stage. But it does come with a regulator so that's a +.