• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

quietest moderator for 22cal M3

quietest moderator for 22cal M3 - since there have been some new products introduced I would like to see if anyone has any experience with something that they found to be effective.
I have the stock FX and a simple Donny FL moderator and while they work I think I can do better for yard plinking.
has anyone tried the Yokozuna?

quietest moderator for 22cal M3 - since there have been some new products introduced I would like to see if anyone has any experience with something that they found to be effective.
I have the stock FX and a simple Donny FL moderator and while they work I think I can do better for yard plinking.
has anyone tried the Yokozuna?

How long is a piece of string? It depends...

If you're simply looking for the quietest mod as you state, then only look at the biggest and longest mods (Think DonnyFL Emperor). Your rig would look quite cartoonish and be much longer than needed. But you probably want to know what are the most effective mods reasonably sized for the M3, I suspect.

So you giving more info will help people help you.

What fpe are you planning to run? 70 or 12?
Barrel length?
Will you be hunting or bench shooting?
Do you need your rig to be compact?

If you are looking for just general purpose efficiency, the DonnyFL FX, Tanto, Tatsu, or 0dB 110C are good on the smaller but a bit louder end. Donny FL Sumo, Ronin, 0dB 160, or STO Falx are good choices for the M3 on the larger but a bit quieter end. But none of those are likely the "quietest"

bench shooting/target
don't need it to be compact
600mm barrel length
the power is turned up to 18 on the dial - not sure what that equates to, side note would turning that down a bit affect the sound? If by doing that means other adjustments will likely leave it alone for now
Tuning the rifle properly will definitely quiet it down if the current tune isnt efficient. Tuning it properly requires possibly adjusting reg pressure, macro and micro wheels and the valve adjuster. What all needs adjusted and how much depends how off the current tune is from being the most efficient it can be.

Reactions: bozman