• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Quietest Airgun

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for something very quiet in .22 caliber to shoot raccoons in my backyard. I don't want my neighbors to hear it. I have no set budget. I currently have a few leshiy 2's and a steyr x pro but I was wondering if there is something even quieter? I've heard the marauder in .22 is very quiet - is this with or without suppressor? Thanks so much!
This one is very quiet :D
Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 8.10.17 PM.jpg

I can’t speak with a lot of experience about different platforms, but my impact and my panthera are both quite easy on the ears after their moderators of course. They’re totally “pesting your suburban property” friendly. My go to has been the impact and will continue to be so just cause it’s so easy to move around and quiet. I’ve got trash pandas and a ridiculous amount of groundhogs and they both get shot nearly daily in town with neighbors that know what I do, but have told me they’ve never heard me. An 18g pellet at 880 is more than enough for a raccoon.

I do have suppressors on the Leshiy 2's but still hear a good little pop when I shoot. Any way to reduce it more? I typically shoot the .25 cal
Most of the ‘pop’ you are hearing is the air that turns the magazine on the Leshiy, a function of the basic design. Their in house moderator, which I have on my Wolverine model is very effective. However, as far as very backyard friendly, the .25 Huben K1 is truly whisper quiet.
David

Reactions: john8
Behemoth mod on my L2 is very good Looks nice as well (tell me that don’t matter) 1/4 turn fitting adds cherries to the sundae. As others have said the by-blow from the mag is most of the noise, and being right by your face is exaggerated. Get someone else to shoot and stand down range to get an accurate impression of noise. View attachment 389475
I was out shooting my .22 with the Behemoth on my backyard range and my wife who was sitting on the back porch said she couldn’t hear the gun but only the clang as the 18.3s hit the steel targets. And the attachment system is the best and fastest on the market. Other makers should think about going to something similar. On and off with a simple and short twist and Locks into place very solidly. David

Reactions: EncoreUneFois
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for something very quiet in .22 caliber to shoot raccoons in my backyard. I don't want my neighbors to hear it. I have no set budget. I currently have a few leshiy 2's and a steyr x pro but I was wondering if there is something even quieter? I've heard the marauder in .22 is very quiet - is this with or without suppressor? Thanks so much!
I would recommend an Air Arms S510 carbine or a Daystate Huntsman with a Huggett Astile moderator with the cone tip. Mine are virtually silent in my urban back yard. Both rifles are one hole accurate.

Huntsman Regal 20b.jpg

Reactions: Joedirt199