Quietest .25 (higher power)

Early on I was going to suggest you the GA PT KGC in .25. I have one, but don’t shoot it often enough and had doubts. 

I see you already have one. Mine produces 62fpe & from what I recall, all I hear is the hammer strike. 

Actually, I got an adapter from Eagle Vision & installed a DonnyFL Koi straight up, no shroud. Makes it shorter overall, and still pretty quiet. I remember not hearing much of a difference. Will see if I can link a picture. If not, I did same on my .22, looks same. 
Found it, here’s:
1590406227_17588372785ecbac53b5b836.20817957.jpeg

I have high hopes for the Cricket when it gets back from Georgia Airguns with the tune and suppressor adapter added....He is including a Donny Sumo so will see how that works and have a large selection of Nuggets and 0dB suppressors to try....Anyone ever try one of the Huma suppressors??

I tuned my other Veteran long to 51.5 FPE today but can't get it as quiet as I want so have a feeling the Cricket will be the same....

Any one have a super quiet .25 of at least 50FPE they want to sell?? By quiet I mean like scary quiet.....Let me know!!

I also have a CF tuned cricket and without measuring i would say the Ed R5 S. Magnum is much quieter....but I dont have a can on my cricket..so not a fair comparison....other than they are both stock in that regard and the R5 stock is mouse fart compared to the cricket. Fyi. Hope that made sense? The ed comes with built in moderator where as the cricket comes with a shrouded barrel stock.

After just a short few weeks with my Taipan 25 Long, it’s already looking likely I’ll never let it go. Maybe favorite gun ever. 

At 53 ft lbs it may be backyard friendly to most, but it’s not friendly for my backyard. With a decent can (I’ve tested with a Ronin, Mus, and a homemade), it’s clear that the air volume/sound is not the issue. The hammer is simply loud and harsh-sounding at that.

There have to be better options out there. Mikelo please do share when you discover the holy grail of silence. 

After just a short few weeks with my Taipan 25 Long, it’s already looking likely I’ll never let it go. Maybe favorite gun ever. 

At 53 ft lbs it may be backyard friendly to most, but it’s not friendly for my backyard. With a decent can (I’ve tested with a Ronin, Mus, and a homemade), it’s clear that the air volume/sound is not the issue. The hammer is simply loud and harsh-sounding at that.

There have to be better options out there. Mikelo please do share when you discover the holy grail of silence. 

My striker is compressed leather which makes the hammer slap not even noteworthy...but even with a 9" moderator on the end of the muzzle and a 100 fpe capable .25 cal shooting at 25 fpe, it still sounds like a pneumatic nail gun at the very least, which is quite audible...to be mouse fart quite I am pretty sure you need to be sub 12 fpe, possibly even a bit less like 5-6 fpe and even then, a good can is needed to get down to the likes of a mouses fart.

That said I would wager the quietest high power .25 cal is the one with the longest barrel and longest aftermarket/homemade moderator.

what do you need to kill in your urban backyard that needs 53 FPE? Can you turn any of your guns down to sub 30? There is noticeable difference in sound with reg and hammer turned down. I won’t say it’s mouse fart quiet but it’s just a mechanical click and most people won’t know what is it. Sounds like a twig snapped or something got bumped. Key to quietness is overall force, muzzle blast is pretty easy to contain but mechanical noise is harder. Guess you can wrap the whole thing in a blanket as urban camo which I have done in case neighbors see me pesting, this does make a very noticeable difference! 

I have great success pesting with jsb king and hades under 650 FPS, thinking about tuning it down to 600 actually. 33.4 grain heavies would be devastating even at 600 FPS for any birds or squirrel. Also fun target practicing since you have to dial between 20 and 30 yards, good practice for hunting long range. 

This was a project I was working on for PTSD Veterans...

We work with a lot of guys who loud noises etc. triggers PTSD episodes and we wanted a way to get them back out in the woods hunting and make it an enjoyable experience.

Hammer click etc. not an issue but wanted to tame as much noise as we could with enough power on tap so they can reach out and make ethical shots at 100 yards etc.

The gentleman I was putting this together for ended up back in the hospital from a stroke so put it on hold for the time being....

Thanks,

Dr. Mike 

qball, I need 50+ FPE bc there is a crunchy looking pine cone out past 120 that’s just screaming for a love tap! Great suggestions - just may try turning down the reg and hammer and seeing what we can do with a McLobby. 

Mike, your work sounds both interesting and admirable! Looks like it took you less than a month to make a u-turn on the Vet Long lol. 

Ha, My Son who I love ever so much "misplaced" my other Veteran Long...

Let him and his buddies take it to the cabin for squirrel hunting along with a couple other guns and that one never made it home....

He "thinks" that it maybe leaning against that big tree down the path a bit next to were the lake turns kinda left (His EXACT description when I asked him about it)....

So I am on the hunt for another and he has a long summer of yard work and wood chopping to look forward to....