Quiet powerful Bullpup choices?

As for the Sniper HR and other semi-bull pups I believe all of them would need to add a LDC, making them longer and muzzle heavier not meeting my requirement of length, lightness and balance for off hand shooting

My Compatto with a DonnyFl Tanto is 39” and it’s a well balanced rig not muzzle heavy at all. The Sniper would be closer to 40” long with a 5” LDC. Not trying to sell you on these just some facts.

Many have said R5M. I'm considering it in the long version, since the long would have a larger shroud volume than the standard so it should be quieter at the expense of length and weight, but you also get more shots and better efficiency. I have 2 concerns with the R5M. The 1st is since it has an offset shroud adding a moderator isn't easy as buying something off the shelf. Therefore it has to be very quiet out of the box. jwilson has posted that by adding foam to the shroud makes it is real quite. Much quieter than my Marauder, I hope so because that's want I am looking for. The 2nd potential issue is that one owner is selling his because the hammer noise as too much for him. Ted in his latest Wildcat (Warcat) review has stated that all bullpups have too loud of a hammer strike for him except for FX guns. I have to take Ted's words with skepticism since I believe he is being sponsored by FX now and is probably biased to say the least. So any first hand knowledge of how loud hammer noise and muzzle report of the RM5 would be appreciated. Any RM5 owners in SF bay area willing to let me hear what is really sounds like would by very useful.

As for the Sniper HR and other semi-bull pups I believe all of them would need to add a LDC, making them longer and muzzle heavier not meeting my requirement of length, lightness and balance for off hand shooting

I think the Impact meets most of my requirements, but I believe that I won't be happy if it when it starts to leak. Nothing like putting the gun in the closet for a few weeks and then getting a raccoon raid only to find out that the gun has leaked all of its air. As said in many other area, it isn't if the Impact will leak, but when and how often. :)

I believe the R5M won't have any of the Impact issues, but is it quiet enough out of the box and how bad is the hammer noise.

The hammer slap is real and is in the ear. It is not something that bothers me...I like shooting guns. Neighbors surely don’t hear it and neither does game. It is there though. There are some aftermarket products in the works to attempt to reduce the ping and I hope to be testing one soon.

I gently stuffed the shroud on my R5M Long .25 with acoustic wool and it is definitely more quiet than original. It is awesome.

I have a Crown in .25. The standard barrel length with the Crown and the Impact is 60 CM and length does make a difference in both performance and noise. Both of these are quiet from the factory, but they are not quiet enough to be considered backyard friendly. After adding a 8" moderator the gun is very quiet and backyard friendly, but the pellet impact is loud and it will attract undue attention. The larger the pellet, the larger the impact noise. Of course, this will be common to all guns. The pellet impact on a wood pigeon at 75 yards can be heard for several hundred yards, but as a single event, it would be very difficult to identify.

As for the Edgun Matador, still have seen only 1 poster mention the loud hammer slap right next to your ear every time you shoot it. That was a deal braker for me but one of the posters on here bought it and loves it. I now have the Brocock Sniper HR and the Wildcat II. With the Donny FL on the Sniper it starts to leave the 'bull-pup' designation because of length but it is quiet enough that often you get a second shot after the miss of a pest target. I am 6' and 200 lbs. Probably the 'general' old fart. The Wildcat just fits and feels better in my hands than any of them. I've had the Impact, Royale 500, and the Whisper T12. I knew after awhile that I would not keep them for various reasons. I have not felt that way about the Wildcat II or the Brocock Sniper. No matter what you read and digest I still think there is a certain, expensive, trial and error aspect in this exciting hobby. Scan the classifieds and get a feel what people are selling and how long they are in the ads and how many reduce price to sell. As another poster said, get the best you can afford and if you have to sell it, it will sell.

Thanks to everyone for their opinions. I have made a choice and I had it for a few days. I'm happy with the choice I made it was the correct one balancing my conflicting goals. I will report my choice very soon. It was working super well out of the box, but I have to make some small adjustments before I test it further.

Any guess to which one on my list I chose?

I chose the R5M. After using it some I know it was the right choice. Quieter at the same time more powerful, accurate and shorter than my Marauder while having a better balance for off hand shooing and easier cocking. All the other guns on my list would be louder without adding a moderator or longer with a moderator. Also the FX guns seem to be more prone to issues and warranty repairs may take weeks. 

The Edgun is well engineered. Built tough, easy to clean and work on. Since I got the long version it doesn't need the addition of a moderator that adds weight and length to other guns.

My sound test.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/edgun-25-r5m-vs-marauder-25-sound-comparison/