• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Quiet, pcp, semi auto bday gift for my son?

He’s 5’6 and 135 lbs. He’s pretty lean in his build. And yes, he wants to be able to use it at home for backyard plinking and also to take it hunting. He’s really excited about the semi auto. It’s probably my fault. I told him that the semis have too many problems but we watched some videos of the semi’s and he got excited and I caved. What about the AEA SF compact?
I'm 5'6" and weigh 130#, the most I've ever weighed, and I'm 68 years old and have had 30 surgeries under GA. The ergonomics and trigger are really nice. Good used ones pop up in the Classifieds fo $1,250-$1,350 occasionally. I had them in .22 and .25

Yes, I’m interested. I don’t have PM privileges yet? I’m brand new. That or I can’t find it! lol…. Any chance you could get your buddy to post info here on the aea? I’d love to see some pics of it and maybe some video of it in action if that’s not too much trouble? I already bought some fun BB guns for my son but maybe this could be a gift for dad! I’d love to buy it if it doesn’t give me a lot of trouble. I don’t have time to mess with problems.

Thanks Jerry. If I get away from the semi, That pistol might be the best option. I like the shoulder stock option for him. What do you think of this? Seems cheap.

I consider Notos (4 pounds bare) and the Benjamin Marauder Pistol/Carbine (2.7 pounds - add the stock weight) to be good for working on shooting skills and short range hunting carbines.

That's a very good price, I've never dealt with 'Airgun Revisions' though, but some here may have and can relate their experience. That ad claims 800 fps, doubt that without some modding. Mine got around 700 fps with 14 grain pellets.

One thing I do is go to Pyramid Air, look up the gun and read some of the good & the bad reviews, and look at the overall percentage that rate the gun 4 or more stars; https://www.pyramydair.com/product/benjamin-marauder-pcp-air-pistol?m=2367

The Benjamin Marauder Pistol that I had, did not have any issues. With that said, I bought my first Benjamin Marauder 'Rifle' locally, it leaked badly, took it back to the dealer (hardware store), they exchanged it, that one also had an issue. They had no more to exchange so I called Benjamin/Crosman customer service, they paid for the return postage and replaced the gun after making sure the replacement had no issues (leak tested & shot it for accuracy). I was very impressed with their customer service. Note that this was 10 to 12 (?) years ago, so I do not know if their customer service is still top notch.

Regarding the Sig guns, in addition to the experience of those here, I would do the same - look at the reviews; https://www.pyramydair.com/product/sig-sauer-asp-mcx-virtus-pcp-air-rifle?m=5130

Note that this gun weighs 7 1/2 pounds bare. Sig has several other similar guns that are CO2 (this version is a PCP).

Jerry

I consider Notos (4 pounds bare) and the Benjamin Marauder Pistol/Carbine (2.7 pounds - add the stock weight) to be good for working on shooting skills and short range hunting carbines.

That's a very good price, I've never dealt with 'Airgun Revisions' though, but some here may have and can relate their experience. That ad claims 800 fps, doubt that without some modding. Mine got around 700 fps with 14 grain pellets.

One thing I do is go to Pyramid Air, look up the gun and read some of the good & the bad reviews, and look at the overall percentage that rate the gun 4 or more stars; https://www.pyramydair.com/product/benjamin-marauder-pcp-air-pistol?m=2367

The Benjamin Marauder Pistol that I had, did not have any issues. With that said, I bought my first Benjamin Marauder 'Rifle' locally, it leaked badly, took it back to the dealer (hardware store), they exchanged it, that one also had an issue. They had no more to exchange so I called Benjamin/Crosman customer service, they paid for the return postage and replaced the gun after making sure the replacement had no issues (leak tested & shot it for accuracy). I was very impressed with their customer service. Note that this was 10 to 12 (?) years ago, so I do not know if their customer service is still top notch.

Regarding the Sig guns, in addition to the experience of those here, I would do the same - look at the reviews; https://www.pyramydair.com/product/sig-sauer-asp-mcx-virtus-pcp-air-rifle?m=5130

Note that this gun weighs 7 1/2 pounds bare. Sig has several other similar guns that are CO2 (this version is a PCP).

Jerry
Thanks Jerry!

Thanks. Any options that are cheaper? I have to have the suppressor and that’s really more than double my budget with the suppressor but the huben k1 looks amazing. And yes, my son is really excited to get outside and shoot. I thought about putting a suppressor on the sortie but I’m concerned with it affecting the guns ability to cycle properly. And I’ve read about a lot of problems with hatsan in general.
Save your money… buy once cry once

Reactions: Scotay42