'Quiet' Launch of New FX Gun - Power-Pup?

Uhfraderwill had a thread on this not long ago. Was shopping with nephew (I think) for a gun for him when saw new FX gun. Called wife, she said would pay half because of upcoming birthday and he purchased. Will, is this about right? Pictures, and all. Another recent thread on mag re-wind problem. I never realized it was a new FX gun, till now, as I'm no expert on what guns FX has currently on the market.

WM

He has a regular dream pup. Not this gun. There are differences

So why don't you tell us about your experiences with this platform??

Un-cock the gun and shake it up and down. The hammer spring sounds like a baby's rattle. Nobody seems to point out the cons of these FX rifles!!

Again. Barking about things you know NOTHING about. All guns with free floating hammers will rattle when uncocked. That’s the point. So it doesn’t have hammer bounce hitting the valve. It’s a trait of a higher end airgun. Do some reading before writing responses giving people bad info. Also, this gun isn’t out yet, how did you get your hands on one?

These are my observations. Didn't I say I thought FX was a good rifle? Go piss up someone's else rope!!

You forget you’re responding to other people’s posts bearing false information because you’re too ignorant to research first. Just like telling that guy in a previous post he didn’t know ohms law! You forget people are on here to learn, and misinformation isn’t what they’re looking for. Go to some other forum to spread your bullpoop!

I guess I miffed at least one person, sorry; not sorry. These were my observations and they are all true. I'm pretty sure I said I liked the dreamline form factor.

I was just relaying what I have found. Take it or leave it, but don't be a crab about it!! Mr. Connecticut.

Getting blocked for trying to help stop rumors from spreading. I’ll chalk it up to Uneducated experience. 

If FX was listening to our comments about things to fix on future guns as suggested ... Why have they once more put the Trigger Safety on the butt of the gun, and  not next to your trigger finger???

Additionally did anyone notice how the shooter had to loose sight picture re-move trigger finger to re-cock the gun toward the Rear of the gun Then require to get sight scope picture and trigger finger back into position prior to next shot...indeed the vid producer noticed and cut the applicable frames.

The power and accuracy is very good and FX should be commended for that.... but again an UGLY bottle gun....however that is subjective. 

Why does FX Not re-lease a Semi Auto in .25 cal With No Loss of sight picture until 10 or 12 or X shoots???...with that accuracy and power???

Un-cock the gun and shake it up and down. The hammer spring sounds like a baby's rattle. Nobody seems to point out the cons of these FX rifles!!

You call that a con?
man-facepalming_1f926-200d-2642-fe0f.png

I guess I miffed at least one person, sorry; not sorry. These were my observations and they are all true. I'm pretty sure I said I liked the dreamline form factor.

I was just relaying what I have found. Take it or leave it, but don't be a crab about it!! Mr. Connecticut.

Just going to say this before I hide you - you are an XXXX. You are an instigator of fights and mocking those with better information than you. I've seen this in almost all of your posts. Like others in good standing have said - take your crap elsewhere. I hear GTA is looking for some new members. 

MOD EDIT: INSULTS ARE NOT WELCOME HERE, PLEASE REFER TO THE FORUM RULES.

Just going to say this before I hide you - you are an XXXXX. You are an instigator of fights and mocking those with better information than you. I've seen this in almost all of your posts. Like others in good standing have said - take your crap elsewhere. I hear GTA is looking for some new members.

Every issue I raised translates to this new power pup; trigger adjustability, magazine issues, and IMHO the rattling spring noise. Sorry I ruined your day.

You call that a con?
man-facepalming_1f926-200d-2642-fe0f.png

Maybe I should not have said it was a con. More of an annoyance for me.

I have AA rifles, that shoot just as well as the FX, but there is no rattle. Also, AA comes out of the box with zero issues.

I thought ppl might like to hear something other than "this rifle is a God sent". I love FX for the adjustability. I'd buy another.

Just giving my 2 cents. I'll just keep them in my pockets from now on.

Will

Fx is always improving their guns. The only thing I can say that fx needs to seriously fix is the supply of the guns they make and the accessories for them. They is more demand for them every day. It's a good problem for them I'm sure. Not sure how they are going to keep up with demand for the M3 by adding another gun to their line up.

I couldn't agree more. But I'll also add that they need to improve their design validations and/or their manufacturing controls as well. Seems like they are working too fast right now with the staff/resources they have in place. Biggest recent example is the leakage issue with the M3 rifle blocks due either to the design, or to manufacturing tolerances not being held (I don't know exactly which caused the issue). And then the subsequent issues with folks not being able to get their new, leaking guns repaired, since FX doesn't have 'like kind' (color) replacement parts available.

I recall when FX launched the M3 they stated (on this forum) that there would not be the same availability issues with it as they had had with the Maverick. The M3, they stated, was so similar to the MkII that they could ramp up production much more quickly than they did with the Maverick - which they acknowledged was a completely new and different design. That was 5 months ago and there are still folks waiting for their ordered configuration M3. And Mavericks are still pretty rarely seen in shops. 

And now add another revised gun to the line up? Maybe it is very similar to the design and assembly of the DreamPups, but it seems like FX may already have too much on its plate right now.

And I still haven't read anything on when FX plans to launch the Power-Pup.

Smart of them to be quiet because they can’t make guns fast enough, certainly not their fault as no one expected this level of demand. I’m sure FX is doing the best they can but ramping up production is much easier said than done obviously if they like to keep any sort of quality level. 

personally I don’t see the big deal with the new gun, just a dream pup with extra juice and we already know Dreamline can be quite potent but it’s only my opinion to keep Dreamline subdued in power for lower power applications. They should focus on ultra quiet and/or ultra compact versions or FT versions. Between the Crown, Maverick and M3 there are plenty of high power options already. If anything they should come up with an easy to swap sub12 kit for FT or back yard folks. Most of us don’t need another slug slinger. 

personally I don’t see the big deal with the new gun, just a dream pup with extra juice ....

I wish last night I would had made my point more eloquently like you just did.. PPL thought I was dissing that new Power-Pup, I wasn't.

I was just stating some finds I made on my Dream PuP that will surely be the same on this new rifle considering the many similarities.

Live and Learn..

On " another Slug Liner " (above comment/end) ........Me ThiMk's the liners were a good way for FX to get us to Test and do for them R & D!

This has been in response to all the Diff. Slugs now appearing on the market and FX simply wished to find a Barrel that works with the Majority of Slugs. Clearly it is/was Not because of the High Velocity wearing out the barrels as in the 220 swift.

I have a Leshiy 2 and rather than chase barrels (big hit $ ) asked a fine Slug mfg. which "Slug" that he produced specifically for the Leshiy 2 barrel. He measured and tested many Specific barrels and produces Slugs for that particular barrel for many Specific Air Guns ....keeping the exact measurement of lands/Dia.

Jus' my thought's of the goofy "Slug Liner" stuff, and a way to circumvent spending Mega Bucks on chasing barrels.

So this gets more unusual (at least to me) as time goes on.

1) I can't find Shooter1721's video either on his YouTube site or on the Airguns101 site;

2) FX doesn't even acknowledge the gun on their home or FX USA sites;

3) Nothing from FX on this site under the 'Industry Direct' sections;

4) Now they have shown up as in stock at PyramydAir (albeit the models with aluminum bottles):

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/fx-dreamline-dream-pup-bottle-synthetic?m=5006

So they have launched without any real launch? Just doesn't seem to be 'The FX Way."

PA PP.1628997426.jpg

EDIT: PA also currently has one in .30 cal with CF bottle

PA PP 30.1628997644.jpg

Because of so many supply chain disruptions have been caused by COVID 19, I wonder if FX's production backlog could be caused by that. It seems that in every industry there is a huge backorder problem for parts. Just saying

Five years ago I had my sister bring an Impact back with her from an overseas business trip because I couldn’t get one in the states. Had to even get a .177 because that’s all she could get from the place we found. So I’m not buying the whole Covid thing. It’s the same old same old. They’re smart, none of their products collect dust and have to be sold on a clearance rack. We just keep standing in line bitching like sheep.

too much to offer. that can be a pro or a con depends on how you look at it. FX is very good at what they do.

BUT, just think how refined and perfected FX guns would be if they just stuck to a streamline, crown. wildcat and impact. less parts to manufacture, costs go down, less to keep up with.

no matter how many changes they make, tinkerers are gonna tinker and mess with them anyway. and guys like me are gonna set it with a simple hammerspring adjustment and LEAVE IT ALONE!
instead at being a great airgun company with variety, they could be superb, and ship flawless rifles.

thats my opinion. i never claim to be right.