• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

'Quiet' Launch of New FX Gun - Power-Pup?

Video released by UpNorthAirgunner today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLoevmjjOV0

FX Power-Pup - DreamPup Bottle with 80cc Power Plenum. I've heard nothing else about this new gun. And it is not April 1st... Wonder whether the video was launched too early? Normally FX would have paid several reviewers to review, and release videos at the same time?

FX PP-1B.1628898917.jpg

FX PP-2B.1628898918.jpg

Un-cock the gun and shake it up and down. The hammer spring sounds like a baby's rattle. Nobody seems to point out the cons of these FX rifles!!

You have one of these in hand already? Nice score! Where can I watch the video review? Is the rifle light enough for me to hand it to my granddaughter if I run out of regular rattles? Oh, sorry, that smartass tone, alluded to above, seems to be creeping into this post, as well. Better go take my meds.

TMH, sorry if I came across like a smartass just now, I reread my post and it sounded a bit harsh. I'm definitely interested in this new model.

Never crossed my mind - I just plain missed yesterday's vid release.

It still seems unusual to me as FX Marketing seems to thrive on fanfare, and this new gun just isn't getting much. Maybe FX now understands that they are so far behind in production that the Power-Pup won't even be available until Christmas (just my commentary, don't quote me on this launch date), and they are keeping things low key?

Un-cock the gun and shake it up and down. The hammer spring sounds like a baby's rattle. Nobody seems to point out the cons of these FX rifles!!

You have one of these in hand already? Nice score! Where can I watch the video review? Is the rifle light enough for me to hand it to my granddaughter if I run out of regular rattles? Oh, sorry, that smartass tone, alluded to above, seems to be creeping into this post, as well. Better go take my meds.

lol

I'll let you in on another con, at least on mine.

The magazine would not cycle the last three to four shots.

I took the mag apart and discovered FX had put about a quarter turn pre-load on the coil spring.

I put another full turn on it and it works like a champ now.

$1,200 +/- and I have to fix the magazine??

FX rifles are good IMHO, but FX is not God!!

Here is my last gripe. The trigger from FX on this gun had a very, very, very long first stage with plenty o creep in the second.

I adjusted it over two day and it has a short first and when the second stage wall is hit, just a little more pressure with no creep and it fires.

First one on a Monday or last one on a Friday?

This end my gripes.

Touch every pellet at 60 yards with JSB 18.13g pellets. Shoots fantastic!!!!!!!

Will

lol

The rifle is very light, but add a 6-24x50mm scope and things change as expected!!

Again. Barking about things you know NOTHING about. All guns with free floating hammers will rattle when uncocked. That’s the point. So it doesn’t have hammer bounce hitting the valve. It’s a trait of a higher end airgun. Do some reading before writing responses giving people bad info. Also, this gun isn’t out yet, how did you get your hands on one?

Uhfraderwill had a thread on this not long ago. Was shopping with nephew (I think) for a gun for him when saw new FX gun. Called wife, she said would pay half because of upcoming birthday and he purchased. Will, is this about right? Pictures, and all. Another recent thread on mag re-wind problem. I never realized it was a new FX gun, till now, as I'm no expert on what guns FX has currently on the market.

WM

Uhfraderwill had a thread on this not long ago. Was shopping with nephew (I think) for a gun for him when saw new FX gun. Called wife, she said would pay half because of upcoming birthday and he purchased. Will, is this about right? Pictures, and all. Another recent thread on mag re-wind problem. I never realized it was a new FX gun, till now, as I'm no expert on what guns FX has currently on the market.

WM

He has a regular dream pup. Not this gun. There are differences

Again. Barking about things you know NOTHING about. All guns with free floating hammers will rattle when uncocked. That’s the point. So it doesn’t have hammer bounce hitting the valve. It’s a trait of a higher end airgun. Do some reading before writing responses giving people bad info. Also, this gun isn’t out yet, how did you get your hands on one?

These are my observations. Didn't I say I thought FX was a good rifle? Go piss up someone's else rope!!

WM

He has a regular dream pup. Not this gun. There are differences

Slight differences!!