Quickie hunt for some Euros

The incessant rain has been highly annoying. In addition to the amount that NorCal has been getting, it's been a timing issue that whenever there was opportunity to get out either in the field or on the water it's been pouring or flooding.

Yesterday and today are beautiful here. Chilly in the morning (@ 45) and nice in the afternoon (@ 65 and breezy) I haven't been able to walk around much due to all of the deep mud, but I got out yesterday for about 45 minutes and made a lap around the barns. I ended up smacking 5 Euro doves and recovered two. One stayed on the roof of the barn, and two sailed into thick brush eliminating recovery.

Good to get out, even if for a short time. Dove breast medallions were awesome!!!

2024doves.jpg

I am over-run with doves! We get them all: Rock doves("pigeon"), white wing, mourning, and Euro collared. The collared doves are especially skittish. The mourning doves are particularly stupid. I'm waiting for dove season (gonna be a while) just because I have nothing to do with one or two collared doves by themselves. Once you can get enough though, a breast wrapped in bacon with a slice of jalapeno and grilled is awesome!

GsT