• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Quick Response SCBA Tank Bag $58.99 - Ever Try One?

Found this while exploring options looking for a sale. This looks very simple and practical. A no frills tank bag, BUT what got my attention was ½” padding all the way around. The dimensions are 24”x8.5”x8” according to the description and it seems kinda small, but I need to measure my tank when I get home.

I don’t know anything about this site. I found it in a random search, but thought I’d share. This company has been in business since 2001 and has an A+ rating from the BBB (see link below). If my tank measurements fit, I may spend $60 to try out this bag.

Last edited:
With the heavy snows and winter weather here now, I have not had the chance to go shooting outside since I got my SCBA tank. I too am looking for a tank bag.

I will probably end up getting something like the link below that will extend to fit a wide range of tank sizes and has room for all kinds of accessories that I might want to take along. The shoulder straps can be used to secure the bag on my shooting table or next to my compressor, in case something springs a leak and for carrying it in the field, as well as securing it in the vehicle. At $39.89 shipped, not much of an investment if I end up not liking it as a tank bag. If by chance there is a non openable bulkhead in the bottom section, I would just cut an opening that fit my 24 inch tall biggest tank. I am not too worried about padding with my SCBA. They are extremely tough tanks.

Expandable backpack on Amazon

1669431435416.png

@Geezerhood What type of padding does it have to protect the SCBA tank?

No padding, but some closed cell foam could be added if you felt the need. My thoughts are that an SCBA tank is pretty darned tough - meant to be dragged through burning buildings and such. I would just disconnect the fill station and put that in one of the pouches when it wasn't being used.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
@Geezerhood I see. I’m looking for padding and protection for the valve.

Understood. The valves on the SCBA tanks are overbuilt for very harsh environments. Not a concern for me. I think an SCBA tank would be just fine inside that pack, but foam padding could be easily added if desired. Looking at your original post I see you didn't mention that you had an SCBA tank. I guess what made me think you did was that the bag was for SCBA gear.

With the heavy snows and winter weather here now, I have not had the chance to go shooting outside since I got my SCBA tank. I too am looking for a tank bag.

I will probably end up getting something like the link below that will extend to fit a wide range of tank sizes and has room for all kinds of accessories that I might want to take along. The shoulder straps can be used to secure the bag on my shooting table or next to my compressor, in case something springs a leak and for carrying it in the field, as well as securing it in the vehicle. At $39.89 shipped, not much of an investment if I end up not liking it as a tank bag. If by chance there is a non openable bulkhead in the bottom section, I would just cut an opening that fit my 24 inch tall biggest tank. I am not too worried about padding with my SCBA. They are extremely tough tanks.

Expandable backpack on Amazon

View attachment 308605
I have a 60L backpack (for backpacking) and I bet it could hold two 88cf tanks. One tank would be swimming in it. I would think a 36L is more the size you want to try this experiment.

I have one and it works fine. The foam is not very stiff and there isn’t anywhere for the fill hose so I coil it and set it at the top of the bottle inside the bag. It fits a full Great White.
@dgeesaman Do you think there is room to fit a tethering regulator in the bag while attached to the valve (protruding 4” - 5” out further than the cylinder) or is it a tight fit with just the SCBA tank?

Last edited:
I have a 60L backpack (for backpacking) and I bet it could hold two 88cf tanks. One tank would be swimming in it. I would think a 36L is more the size you want to try this experiment.

It has cinch straps on both sides so you could tighten it up as needed. Extended it is just a few inches longer than my biggest 60 minute / 88 cubic foot SCBA tank, so I probably would not want a smaller one. If one wanted more padding a closed cell foam sleeping pad could be cut up to do the job, but I would just use it as is. I have an old Lowe pack similar to this one that was several hundred $$ when new years ago, that works well but it is a bit too big.

@dgeesaman Do you think there is room to fit a tethering regulator in the bag while attached to the valve (protruding 4” - 5” out further than the cylinder) or is it a tight fit with just the SCBA tank?
Not sure. I have to take off my fill hose. Here are some pics.

I notice my bag has different labels but I do think they are the same.

35EF4622-ACD7-4FCC-A2EA-48EE05F4E3BA.jpeg

EA0C1402-C4E2-4293-BCB0-C21F2F94B4D1.jpeg

Reactions: Ezana4CE
@deegsaman Thank you for the pics. I think I’ll go with this BagMan bag that has more room. There are plenty of pics showing the room in the bag. It’s around $30 more priced at $88.99 With free shipping for Black Friday.

I got a Bagman and I’m happy with my purchase. It’s a basic tank bag. The main feature I wish that it had is a pocket or two. I like the padding and the space. I placed a 74 cuft SCBA tank in mine. It also came with a rigid plank covered in the same fabric the bag is made of (not pictured). This piece is to be laid flat on the bottom of the bag. It has no padding. I’m currently not using it. It would be nice if it could be inserted between two layers of foam on the bottom of the bag.
8303DD2B-3106-49AC-B104-0B25A67D7822.jpeg

E8ADEBB2-B110-4A37-9325-EC809427F901.jpeg

I got a Bagman and I’m happy with my purchase. It’s a basic tank bag. The main feature I wish that it had is a pocket or two. I like the padding and the space. I placed a 74 cuft SCBA tank in mine. It also came with a rigid plank covered in the same fabric the bag is made of (not pictured). This piece is to be laid flat on the bottom of the bag. It has no padding. I’m currently not using it. It would be nice if it could be inserted between two layers of foam on the bottom of the bag.
View attachment 310541
View attachment 310539
I just got my Bagman yesterday for one of my Wingman 74cu tanks. I am pleased with my choice after searching through all of the options. It has thick padding, good zippers, appears to be well built and is made in the USA. It seems like a value when compared to the $100-$200 tank bag offers that are out there. It doesn't have extra storage compartments, but it serves its primary purpose which is to protect your air tank. I would purchase it again if I had to get more bags.

-PJ

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Understood. The valves on the SCBA tanks are overbuilt for very harsh environments. Not a concern for me. I think an SCBA tank would be just fine inside that pack, but foam padding could be easily added if desired. Looking at your original post I see you didn't mention that you had an SCBA tank. I guess what made me think you did was that the bag was for SCBA gear.
The valves are, the gauges...not so much, they hang out there in thin air and it doesn't take much to muck them up....voice of experience here.

Reactions: PelletJunkie