Quick iguana shot in Puerto Rico

Hello to all,

Just joined. Longtime Air Gun guy. Live in S. FLA. BIG Iguana problem here. The state labeled them as Invasive. Let the hunting begin. These two Daystates have over 20 kills apiece. The Wolverine 2 HP at .25 has about 20 kills. The Red Wolf HP is a .303 and has about 25 kills. Neighbors actually come out and thank me for irradicating these menaces. Here are the rifles....Aztec 3-18 scopes on both. Anything less on the big ones and you're losing pellets.

1560376755_19988419495d0175b3a2b608.26565765_Air.jpg

Papy! Really nice shot. I usually don't shot them on the trees because I'm in urban area and I try not to aim high, but I'm sure those are really hard shots, I've seen the branching moving and you guys have to time the shot!

Really nice! Tomorrow I'm out hunting and I'll be using the Nova Liberty for the first time, shooting slugs, video will be up sometime next week!

Keep posting Papy!

GiveEmLead, I feel your agony. I'm in Davie and they have taken over. I hunt these pests along 130th just south of the 595. There is a canal with about 20 yards of grass and a guard rail between. Makes for great drive up shots. The place was polluted with them. In a stretch about 100 yards, I have been hunting there for 3-4 weeks taking 5-10 each day of the week (I stay away on weekends). Numbers have dropped considerably and neighbors have thanked me. Still, with an air rifle on common ground, I called Davie Police to see what their take would be on seeing me with an air rifle (trying to avoid call-ins "man with a rifle) and spoke to a not so bright liaison. First, she told me I needed permission and a permit to kill iguanas. (WRONG), she then asked what I do with the dead ones. I said I throw them in the canals and lakes where the fish and turtles feast on them, she said that was "Illegal Dumping" (WRONG-AGAIN). She also categorized my air rifle as a "Firearm" and said they could not be fired in public (WRONG WRONG WRONG). In our state air guns are NOT considered firearms. So, bad info from the police depts. Not surprised. Love those guys and gals but please have someone talk to the public who has a clue. Anytime and anyplace you wanna go hunt, let me know!

Here is the Law....read carefully what is deemed as "liter" This article is hypocritical to the T. I am not doubting the police can harass me over this don't get me wrong but "Illegal Dumping"? What happens when the die and fall in the canal? Is that dumping? But it's OK to throw them in the garbage in some places? Bury them? Cremate them? Circle of Life. Toss them DEAD of course, not alive, in the water and it's a feast for those creatures that belong here. Are they kidding? Cremation? Now they get you on arson. 😁

Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of areas where they permit and specify hunting allowed. Because Air Rifles are not considered firearms you are free to use them. The only restriction is you must be 18 or older to do so without adult supervision and of course not be reckless or show up at a school or government building. Still, you get a tree hugging law enforcement official they can concoct any story to fit a twisted version of the law and make your life miserable. At this point, I hunt and shoot from inside my truck. It's not as visible and certainly beats walking in this God forsaken heat. I am the President of my homeowners HOA and I am kept busy keeping them out of our common land, fountains, and lake areas. The good news is this is private land and it gives me free rein to eradicate these menaces. I have definitely made an impact. Before starting on this hunt we had iguana feces in the entry fountain (FYI, the poop can carry Salmonella), on the sidewalks and about 10 roaming freely. Since my eradication efforts, you don't see any expect the migrating few that dare to enter our community and then I take them out.