Quick follow up on the Cold Shot

I’ve had a few weeks to shoot with the cold shot and wanted to let other know that the clicks are repeatable. Running it to 0 and back to 2 full turns plus a bunch of clicks again and again, the shots would land exactly where they should. 
7C5EB25F-15CC-4547-9262-2E4A2158825D.1627876227.jpeg
08A3D140-4EC4-40AF-9E08-9EB7B6B2662D.1627876228.jpeg

Very nice Smitty!!!!

What riser did you use so no need for 3/8" hole?

The cold shot is picatinny rail, had a Hawke 11mm to picatinny rail adapter that I used, then attached the cold shot to that. Only complaint is the height, but it doesn't seem to be causing a problem.

I see it now. 
Are adjustments positive click?

Very nice Smitty!!!!

What riser did you use so no need for 3/8" hole?

The cold shot is picatinny rail, had a Hawke 11mm to picatinny rail adapter that I used, then attached the cold shot to that. Only complaint is the height, but it doesn't seem to be causing a problem.

I see it now. 
Are adjustments positive click?

The adjustments are a good strong positive click. Funny part is, cold shot is in MOA and my scope is in Mil. I use the cold shot for all elevation adjustments. Only time I touched the scope turret was to zero at 50y.

Kevin.

I think I'm going. With the cold shot mil version for my air force 50 cal. I'm using a sight mark wraith 4x30-50 and love it but hold off.using recticles is hard for me. If I use the cold shot with my .510 650 gr Spitzer bt I will be able to shoot very far for a air gun and decent b.c and energy. Thank you so much for your post it helped me very.much.

I think I'm going. With the cold shot mil version for my air force 50 cal. I'm using a sight mark wraith 4x30-50 and love it but hold off.using recticles is hard for me. If I use the cold shot with my .510 650 gr Spitzer bt I will be able to shoot very far for a air gun and decent b.c and energy. Thank you so much for your post it helped me very.much.

Glad I could help. Good luck, make sure to post how you have it set up.

Kevin

650 grains!?!?!? Yeah. That's going to travel.

I might get a .338 to see it hit at longer ranges.

5D4D1A9E-7291-4A22-85A8-ECC21E5B2822.1628023429.jpeg

I can set back a good 600-800 using that as a backstop. Other neighbors shoot their CF's there but I'm strictly airguns.

Not to hijack but the question of mils/moa on cold shot, turrets matching reticles.

Is the new Athlon Cronus FFP APR6S mil reticle matched with the turrets?

This is my current set up. I had to use the eagle vision adjustable pard 008 base to center my picture and be sighted in at 100 to 125 zero. EBay 100 dollar rangefinder with adjustable mount works great out to 1000 yards reflective at night. day range under 200 yards. I'm using reticle for hold over and you can only use at base 4x magnification. That said I can use the recticle and am pretty good at my normal 50 to 125 yards. I need to get the cold shot and center hold and dial for my trajectory. I have broke alot of expensive scopes tracking systems over the years night force and Leopold. I'm really impressed with my $315 sight mark digital scope so I think mechanical base and digital crosshairs might be more reliable than regular optics tracking systems. That is my 650 gr spire point boat tail .510. There is a .510 460grain purple cast for comparison.

Very nice setup Raidmosser. That is a serious slug. I’ve been using Hawke Sidewinder scopes since they allow the most vertical turret adjustment for the dollar. Once I stretched to 300 yards I had to reduce magnification to 8x to stay on the reticle. With the cold shot, I put a Hawke Frontier on there and can keep it at 20x. I can actually see the impact. Made a huge difference for me. Wind at 300+ yards can be difficult, if you can’t see any impacts. 

That is a real nice Daystate. The challenge with the lower priced Chinese import scopes is you can get one that tracks well and is repeatable but that does not mean the next guys scope will. You really have to get a lot of them out there and a lot of feedback to tell how repeatable they are. Thanks for posting your feedback. 

Why would they name it "Cold Shot"? It reminds me of "cold bore shot" "cold shooter" They all mean inconsistant and unrepeatable. Just sayin