Quick detachable scope rings

Pistols, yes.
And if they (in general) can stand up to 458 Magnum rifles, they surely can withstand any "springer" gun on the market.

After a quick look at the Warn rings...they are NO different in the way that they work than a plain ol...nut !! Just a quick look should tell you this. They use a nut...with a "wing" on it.
They will be fine, as long as you snug them well, (NO tools).

Mike

Pistols, yes.
And if they (in general) can stand up to 458 Magnum rifles, they surely can withstand any "springer" gun on the market.

After a quick look at the Warn rings...they are NO different in the way that they work than a plain ol...nut !! Just a quick look should tell you this. They use a nut...with a "wing" on it.
They will be fine, as long as you snug them well, (NO tools).

Mike
That is exactly what I am thinking, I don't know if this paticular model ring would take a .458 Mag since it specifically for the 3/8"/11mm dovetail rail. I do have a couple of old low power Weaver K models, K 2.5 and K3 on a pair of Marlin 39a Mountie rifles and they are fine there, always seem to return to zero without any problems.. It will probably be next week before the scope arrives so will wait and see. The part with the wing is more like a socket wrench, spring loaded and captured to stay on the actual nut, so you can position it as you like it after tightening.

That is exactly what I am thinking, I don't know if this paticular model ring would take a .458 Mag since it specifically for the 3/8"/11mm dovetail rail. I do have a couple of old low power Weaver K models, K 2.5 and K3 on a pair of Marlin 39a Mountie rifles and they are fine there, always seem to return to zero without any problems.. It will probably be next week before the scope arrives so will wait and see. The part with the wing is more like a socket wrench, spring loaded and captured to stay on the actual nut, so you can position it as you like it after tightening.
That .458 comment was for the 98 percentile of the better QD rings / mounts. The Warn rings may hold up for a while if assembled and mounted correctly, and the scope is too heavy !

Yep...the Warn mount is just a nut, with a wing on it. Not really a true, QD mount, but close. Mostly because there's no tool required.

Mike

Just a single flip of a lever. No turning, no twisting, no adjusting, just like a light switch.
Again, what you have is a tweener..! In-between just a nut and a true QD mount. Yes, it's got a lever of sorts, but you need to twist/rotate it until tight.

Mike