• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Quick, cheap, and easy way to mount a scope!

Scope wedges have been around for a while and I imagine that a lot of you already know about them. For years, I've been using other good quality systems. Recently I picked up a set of wedges to try out and see how I liked them compared to the other processes. I like them a lot! They're now my go-to system for an initial mounting process. After initial mounting, I always double check my work using a plumb bob and a trusted scope rail level. I have found this system to be a night & day difference over previous systems. 

Hope you all enjoy! 

Happy Shooting! Tom

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.30.34 AM.1620232533.png

Almost all of my videos will premier on Airgun101 from now on due to YT's stance and "passive punishment" to content creators that have anything to do with shooting sports. Good for viewers because there's no point in me trying to earn any menial income from YT ads. Bad for me because I get nothing at all from YT for the work I put in to make these videos for you all to watch and learn from. 

Just bear in mind that wedge systems assume the gun, rings, and scope are mechanically perfect. In many cases they are close enough that the average person will get a better result than by just eyeballing it, but what if just one of them is off?

To then double check the result with a level and plumb line is to assume the same degree of mechanical perfection. 

Better to check alignment by viewing your reflection in a mirror as described here
https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/scope-levels-is-it-necessary/#post-987087

Just bear in mind that wedge systems assume the gun, rings, and scope are mechanically perfect. In many cases they are close enough that the average person will get a better result than by just eyeballing it, but what if just one of them is off?

To then double check the result with a level and plumb line is to assume the same degree of mechanical perfection. 

Better to check alignment by viewing your reflection in a mirror as described here
https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/scope-levels-is-it-necessary/#post-987087

Better still to "check" by actually shooting. Better is relative.

I just use feeler gauges between my rail and scope...

It seems like adjustable parallels would work the same.

I have one a these. Every once in a while there will be a gap between scope and rail that is just in between what either of the wedge pieces will reach properly to get a securely snug parallel fit, but otherwise they are a real timesaver if you aren't getting ready for RMAC or something...😉

All above can work, and probably do work well for those who noted them. All relative. If one wants to shoot more precisely and/or shoot longer ranges, then a search and reading of Brian Litz's "tall target" article might make it more clear.