• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Quick and dirty bag rider

Percula

Sep 6, 2016
AZ
So I had a need but didn't want to spend a lot of money... 

The need: I have a Ruger 10/22 with a Magpul stock, which has a rounded fore end, which makes use on a rest VERY challenging as it rocks side to side and tends to slide a little with each rocking motion. Eventually I will get a proper BR style stock for it, but for now the need is to be able to place the gun on my rest for precise sighting.

The Magpul has a picatinny rail attachment for the fore end of the stock. I got the (7) slot version off Amazon for not a lot. While I was at it I ordered a cheap set of picatinny scope rings. I have some scrape red oak laying around and ripped some to 3" width. Mounted the rings on the rail, took the top half off the rings and super glued the block of wood to it. I figured I would share this yet to be tested little gadget since I know I'm not the only one that does or will need a quick and cheap method. I have less than $25 in to it.

Assuming it works fine (no reason it shouldn't) I will clean it up a bit. Mount it properly to the wood, nice finish on the wood etc. 

Quick and dirty bag rider.