Questions on the air arms tx200 mk3

Bottom line is....you should try both the TX and a 97 and see which one fits best. Both are nice, well made rifles. The real differences are quite small, where you really need to try each one and see for yourself. How well a rifle fits can make a big difference in how well you can shoot it !! Even if I had to take a days drive, I would, just to be able to handle each one.....

I will show you some photos of my HW97K's and my TX200 MKIII. The first one is the TX200 MKIII without a scope when I first got it. I paid $400 for it like new off ebay. Stole it for 5hat price. It's a 22 cal.Those bottom 2 HW97K's I bought used like new for $400 total each.
S8li5Sw.1638686924.jpeg
dy7BJM3.1638686924.jpeg
uJAmuy0.1638686925.jpeg
mq8PoME.1638686925.jpeg
M9BOzu6.1638686926.jpeg

Reactions: Frogy
I will show you some photos of my HW97K's and my TX200 MKIII. The first one is the TX200 MKIII without a scope when I first got it. I paid $400 for it like new off ebay. Stole it for 5hat price. It's a 22 cal.Those bottom 2 HW97K's I bought used like new for $400 total each.
S8li5Sw.1638686924.jpeg
//www.w3.org/2000/svg%22%20viewBox=%220%200%20210%20140%22%3E%3C/svg%3E
dy7BJM3.1638686924.jpeg
uJAmuy0.1638686925.jpeg
mq8PoME.1638686925.jpeg
M9BOzu6.1638686926.jpeg

Wow, those are very beautiful rifle!!! I think I'm leaning a bit more toward the tx200... It's a proven platform, problems are very rare.... it's easy to take apart... and it looks a bit better (in my opinion at least) than the 97k. Still, when i get the chance I will check out both up close to see which one fits me best..

I've owned and shot both the HW97 and TX200 in FT matches. Overall better quality goes to the HW. I had to try multiple TX200's before I got one without a rusty barrel or some other issue. AA quality control really stunk a couple years back. However, HW stocks don't fit me as nice. The TX stock fit me better than any other gun I've ever used. Both great guns for sure.

I've since gotten rid of these guns and now only shoot PCP's for FT. Were I to have to choose between another of these springers, it would be an easy choice - the HW97K.

I've owned and shot both the HW97 and TX200 in FT matches. Overall better quality goes to the HW. I had to try multiple TX200's before I got one without a rusty barrel or some other issue. AA quality control really stunk a couple years back. However, HW stocks don't fit me as nice. The TX stock fit me better than any other gun I've ever used. Both great guns for sure.

I've since gotten rid of these guns and now only shoot PCP's for FT. Were I to have to choose between another of these springers, it would be an easy choice - the HW97K.

I haven't really seen this claim about air arm's quality control before.... Most people that have bought an air arms product whether a tx or a pro sport etc have been praising and cherishing them... There is a chance that you might get problems with one as with every product out there, but it only happens very rarely from what I have read so far...

There was a period of time that AA started making models with the RWS logo and there were some reports of quality issues, that only lasted a year or two and AA stopped making them for them andvthe QC seemed to be resolved. However, like anything, you can get a bad one on ocassion. When the 97 first came out, they had a few QC issues as well but they seemed to be quickly corrected.

There was a period of time that AA started making models with the RWS logo and there were some reports of quality issues, that only lasted a year or two and AA stopped making them for them andvthe QC seemed to be resolved. However, like anything, you can get a bad one on ocassion. When the 97 first came out, they had a few QC issues as well but they seemed to be quickly corrected.

I completely agree with you. Air arms is an excellent airgun manufacturer and the tx200 is one of the best springer air rifles one can buy. Sometimes mistakes can happen during manufacturing since all these products are still being assembled by human beings...

In any case, from what I have come to realize, problems are not really all that common with the tx200... and the safety and bear trap issues have to do with either the user not operating the gun correctly or because the gun is still brand new and requires a brief break-in period in order to settle things down...

Saying that this is a fine piece of machinery would be an understatement... 

Thus, after much research/reading that took place since May... i think I have finally found the rifle I will get... (not 100% sure yet though).

Only thing I need to do now is to save up for this beauty...

I've had 3 TXs and don't care to own another. I think the "exquisite build quality" is fairly undeserved. All of mine had breech lockup issues at one time or another. The one sided breech cutout is inconvenient. And the anti beartrap is a real pain in the ass. The powerplant dimensions are all wrong, especially for sub 12fpe power, and the piston glide rings dont even function in most guns because they don't fit. 

Beautiful guns with usually great barrels. For me, Ill keep the 77k/97s

Truth is that the anti bear trap device is either loved or hated by people. I haven't seen a lot of people not liking the tx however... I'm not saying that those that don't like it don't have a reason not to... all I mean by that is that for the most part I have been reading positive comments about it...

I have had 3 TXs and didnt get the hype. Mine had issues, but I'm probably a little more picky about things. 

I won't elaborate I don't want to derail or influence your decision.

I don't have a problem with reading different opinions!! Like I said, i think that it is what I will go for... That could potentially change however as I save up and time passes... Will have to see about that..

I ordered my LH TX200 in late April, it arrived mid August. It has had no issues with the safety or the bear trap, I think I knocked the bumper off the first day, LOL, it's pretty chincy for such an expensive rifle. Mine was buzzy, had a scratchy trigger and not very smooth cocking. The accuracy wasn't very impressive, but after 500 or so pellets it started improving a little. I took it apart and lubed it up and that helped the cocking and took a little of the buzz out, accuracy stayed about the same. I bought and installed a Vortek PG4 kit and it's a different rifle, the shot cycle is much smoother and the rifle is shooting very well. 

One of my big complaints is that the two screws on the fore end would come loose every few shots and keeping them tight was impossible. My solution was to make and epoxy pillars. I haven't shot it yet as it's apart sealing up the stock. While it was apart I removed the trigger and took it apart and polished it up. The bottom where the stage adjustment screws contact looked like plow furrows across it. Just cocking and firing the trigger assembly it feels smooth now. I'll report back when the rifle is back together and has some more rounds through it.

The TX200 is a fine rifle but I feel they cheaped out in a few areas, the little bumper, the finish on the trigger assembly and the trigger blade it's self. Mine has a lot of slop side to side and I'll have to make a shim to tighten it up.

I have never handled a 97 and had never handled a 200 until mine arrived as there are no good airgun shops around, nor do I know anyone with either rifle. Would I buy a TX200 again? I don't know. I'd seriously look at a 97 with the thumnhole stock.

This and $1.75 will buy you a cup of coffee in some places.

I ordered my LH TX200 in late April, it arrived mid August. It has had no issues with the safety or the bear trap, I think I knocked the bumper off the first day, LOL, it's pretty chincy for such an expensive rifle. Mine was buzzy, had a scratchy trigger and not very smooth cocking. The accuracy wasn't very impressive, but after 500 or so pellets it started improving a little. I took it apart and lubed it up and that helped the cocking and took a little of the buzz out, accuracy stayed about the same. I bought and installed a Vortek PG4 kit and it's a different rifle, the shot cycle is much smoother and the rifle is shooting very well. 

One of my big complaints is that the two screws on the fore end would come loose every few shots and keeping them tight was impossible. My solution was to make and epoxy pillars. I haven't shot it yet as it's apart sealing up the stock. While it was apart I removed the trigger and took it apart and polished it up. The bottom where the stage adjustment screws contact looked like plow furrows across it. Just cocking and firing the trigger assembly it feels smooth now. I'll report back when the rifle is back together and has some more rounds through it.

The TX200 is a fine rifle but I feel they cheaped out in a few areas, the little bumper, the finish on the trigger assembly and the trigger blade it's self. Mine has a lot of slop side to side and I'll have to make a shim to tighten it up.

I have never handled a 97 and had never handled a 200 until mine arrived as there are no good airgun shops around, nor do I know anyone with either rifle. Would I buy a TX200 again? I don't know. I'd seriously look at a 97 with the thumnhole stock.

This and $1.75 will buy you a cup of coffee in some places.

I see!! What causes the slop on the trigger unit? Could it be some kind of adjustment? Or a factory mistake? 

Are you referring back to 2015?? There was a time around then when ai arms were said to have a quite soddy quality control on some of their models (especially their springers)...

Don't know if the issues have been sorted out though...

I have one each in .177 and .22. I have installed Vortek PG4 steel HO kits in both, though I had to cut two coils off of each of the springs as originally received, to allow them to cock easily. They are both super smooth in the cocking stroke and firing cycle and are super accurate.

The .177 prefers the AA 8.54 4.52 pellet, and the .22 the Predator GTO 11.79 gr.

No cocking or safety issues.

I will never part with mine, but also owning three Weihrauch HW97s, if I could only own one underlever, it would be the 97 for a number of reasons.

Either will provide generations of service if properly maintained.

Just curious what velocity your getting from the .177 cal with the 8.4 gn pellets?