Questions from Taipan Veteran Newbie

Hi All,

I have a new to me Taipan Veteran coming my way and want to make sure I’m ready for it.

Up until now I’ve only had airguns that use foster connectors to fill. I’d like to order a male foster adapter for the fill probe, but I can’t find the thread size the stock probe is. Can anybody tell what the thread size is? I’m guessing it’s 1/8 BSPP, but want to be sure. 

A final question is about scope rings. I’m planning on mounting a 50mm objective scope and was wondering what height rings I should be looking to use. Any brand recommendations?

The taipan has a 20mm top rail. which means it is slanted to accomodate scope and keep them more optically centered. as for the probe. Usually the vendor adds a fitting to the probe for easy connection. If there is no such fitting added , pyramyd air has them for 10 bucks , comes with the delrin washer. all same thread and size.

Matt, is that a long eye relief scope? Seems to be mounted in a very forward position.

I think it's around 4".

I have it mounted so my cheek rests right on the breech block just forward the magazine.

15 ounces, Leupold quality, made in USA, mil dot 👍

Went through about a dozen scopes before I found these.

Too bad they don't make them anymore. I'm lucky to have 3 of them :)

Leupold Mark AR MOD 1 Rifle Scope 4-12x 40mm

Specifications

Product Information

I just tried to have as natural position as possible, like on a conventional rifle.

See how the cheek piece is quite a ways forward of the butt pad? Black arrow.

daystate01.1629137590.jpg

If you're resting on the longest portion of the receiver you're way back here -> red arrow

daystate02.1629137680.jpg

Moving your scope forward to rest your cheek on the breech block might be worth a try just to see if you like it.

Thanks for the links! I can't wait to get the rifle in my hands.

You're rifle looks nice! I know a lot of people aren't a fan of the Taipan stocks, but I like the look of them.

Thanks for the links! I can't wait to get the rifle in my hands.

You're rifle looks nice! I know a lot of people aren't a fan of the Taipan stocks, but I like the look of them.

If you like the look just wait till you hold it for real :)

Please post some pics when you get it so we can check it out.

You also might want to put some grip tape on the fore stock as it's a little slippery as delivered.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/grip-tape-%f0%9f%91%8c/