• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Questions for Vulcan/Vulcan2/Vulcan Tactical owners

Hi guys 

I’m looking for a new bulpup and I have narrowed it down to Vulcan2 and Wildcat, but I’m leaning more towards the Vulcan2.

i’m looking to buy one in 177 or 22 cal, I haven’t decided yet as it is only for back yard plinking and target and I want to keep noise to a minimum and get some high shot counts.

how reliable are they?

i can’t see it from pictures, but is there picatinny rail for bipod mount?

let me hear how your Vulcan has performed, both good and bad?

is there 1/2” unf thread for the moderator?

any info and help is much appreciated 👍

Ive had my Vulcan in 25cal for 3 years now and have shot thousands of rounds through it with zero problems.Bought through R+L Airgun supply had them add there moderator and side lever cocking.Gun is a laser great shot count magazine is very easy to load cant say enough good things about my Vulcan and the guys at R+L. For got to add gun is almost silent with moderator,hope this helps 

I have Vulcan 2 .30 for a few months

Yes I had to add moderator and it was no surprise for such a powerhouse 

I love front cocking action especially because you can switch from L to R side in a couple of minutes, missing that very much on my Pulsar - it is bit awkward to cock your rifle at your ear level, Vulcan makes that much easier, especially for fast follow-up shot, you can keep eyes on your target

My friend has Vulcan .25 for at least 3 years, not a single problem, that's why I also decided to go that way

With moderator his .25 is extremely quiet and backyard friendly, he has neighbors just 20-30 yards away, often they have party when we shoot, they don't even have an idea someone is shooting just few yards away

It has build in rail at the front of the stock to mount picatinny rail

It's not 1/2 UNF, it is 14MM-1.25 thread, but you can get adapter which goes directly into a shroud and it has 1/2 UNF thread

As of accuracy - it's boring 😉

It is so predictable and consistent it is boring to shoot targets, anyway you'll hit 

At 50 yards my .30 is laser accurate

Potpie 

that sounds nice,as I want a gun that’s reliable and just works. Accuracy is a must and I hope for some longe range shooting out to 70-90 yards.

i don’t know if that’s to much for a 22cal, but I want to try it😁

TitanFlyer

if I buy it,I’ll have to get a moderator to, I want it to be whisper quiet. My neighbors are only 60 yards from my house.

yea I have been looking at the Edgun R5M to, but I saw a video of it, where He shoots it at 53meters and got a inch groups, I thought that groups would have been smaller at that distance, but I don’t know😊

I have Vulcan 2 .30 for a few months

Yes I had to add moderator and it was no surprise for such a powerhouse 

I love front cocking action especially because you can switch from L to R side in a couple of minutes, missing that very much on my Pulsar - it is bit awkward to cock your rifle at your ear level, Vulcan makes that much easier, especially for fast follow-up shot, you can keep eyes on your target

My friend has Vulcan .25 for at least 3 years, not a single problem, that's why I also decided to go that way

With moderator his .25 is extremely quiet and backyard friendly, he has neighbors just 20-30 yards away, often they have party when we shoot, they don't even have an idea someone is shooting just few yards away

It has build in rail at the front of the stock to mount picatinny rail

It's not 1/2 UNF, it is 14MM-1.25 thread, but you can get adapter which goes directly into a shroud and it has 1/2 UNF thread

As of accuracy - it's boring 
1f609.svg

It is so predictable and consistent it is boring to shoot targets, anyway you'll hit 

At 50 yards my .30 is laser accurate

that sounds nice!

i was getting nervous,that i wouldn’t be able to get it quiet enough. I’ll have to look around for a adapter if I buy one, Hugget or Donny FL I don’t know yet☺️ Accuracy never gets boring! I’ll just try longer distances 😁

A rail for picatinny, why don’t they just put a picatinny on it instead?

The rail is an anschutz rail, presumably so you can have a choice of whether you mount a QD stud, picatinny or other accessory to it.

My 0.22 Vulcan is also a laser and easily capable of the distances you're talking about. I agree that accuracy never gets boring. Lol, I think some have been tinkering/fighting their various PCP's for so long they mistake a lack of frustration with boredom 😂

Also, the 0.22 is a good bit quieter than the 0.25. 

Everything else the others goes for mine too. Very solid and completely trouble free. Good trigger too.

Macros 

ahh ok, I didn’t think of the rail that way, I just thought a picatinny would be the easiest 👍

some times it’s fun to play with velocity and pellets, but I don’t want to tinker every time I go out to shoot the gun. Actually now that I think of it, I just want to shoot the gun and have fun 😜

what pellets do you use in your 22 cal?

I have had a second hand .25 bullpup version for a few months now. I am amazed at how smooth and easy the cocking is to get the kind of power out of it. I have the converted side lever on it and after the other guns that my son and I shoot, I always have to remind him not to pull back too hard, that it really is that easy to cock. DonnyFl has a new Sumo that you can buy interchangeable end caps for the different thread sizes. I skipped buying the adapter and just change from the Vulcan endcap, to the 1/2 20 for the Streamline, and then back to the FX thread for the Impact. Quite nice that he incorporated that into the new design. 

One thing that gets me with the Vulcan bullpup versus the Wildcat is that if I don’t have my facial hair trimmed up good, the Vulcan can get a little grabby, but I had that problem with the EdGun R5m as well. The tactic version should not give you such a problem. There is also more heard noise to the shooter with a Vulcan as the action happens behind your ear versus down in front with the Wildcat. I had a Hugget on a .22 Wildcat and for the first few shots thought it was broken due to the silence but the target suggested otherwise with a solid thump. Enjoy whichever one you get!

I have a Vulcan .25 (3rd gen) and love the thing. Shot a countless amount of pellets through it. I could not even consider getting rid of it because it has been extremely reliable. Not to forget insanely accurate. I shoot pigeons as far as 127 yards with it on a regular basis. I dont miss often and if I do im sure it was me and not the gun. It is also very compact. As far as the loudness... I think this is a personal thing. I did add a Sumo and just got a Ronan for it. But yeah. A sound moderator helps a good deal. Im sure that a .22 and defiantly a .177 will be much more quite then a larger bore. Sort of a given with airguns. I am seriously considering getting a Vulcan 2 in .30 cal very soon. However my Vulcan .25 is a keeper.

Elbow grease 

Nice to hear that it is reliable and accurate, that was what I was hoping for.

i don’t know if I’ll go for the 22cal or the 177 cal, 90% of the time I will be shooting 35 yards in my backyard and the 177 cal would be enough. But in the last 10% , wenn I’m not in my garden, it could be really fun with some long range shooting and the 22cal would be perfect 👌