• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Questions for using slugs in 22cal Cricket .

Hello , I have a 22 cal Cricket bullpup . I would like to shoot slugs . The articles I read about shooting slugs make me think that they would be more accurate in the wind . The wind never stops blowing in this part of Texas . I am wondering if anyone shooting slugs through their Cricket had to remove the choke in the barrel . What weight and brand slugs have performed better for you ? I am normally shooting between 75 and 100 yards with the JSB 18 grains .Thank you for the advice .

I finally received some FXhybrid 22 grain 22 cal slugs to try out in the cricket . It was a failure . 35 yards to 100 yards they spread was about 4 inches to over a foot . 30 shots in total . Cleaned the bore and found nothing unuasual . 18.5 grain pellets shoot perfectly . Guess I will stay with pellets until I feel like measuring the bore , de-choking it , and cranking up the regulator . 

I have a Cricket Tac 2 60, and the FX slugs are the most accurate ones I've tried-- Knock Outs, NSA 23 and 27.5s being the others. The FX slugs were by far the best, but I'm still not all that impressed. 1.5" at 90 yards, for ten shots at about 950 fps. I did that twice; it's not a fluke. My gun though does not have the choked barrel that some of the earlier Crickets have. It shoots the heck out of the Monster redesigned pellets at 45 yards, but they fall apart at 90. Like 3".